Where can I trim the board?

Which board are you using?

Model 1
Revised Smaller Board
Mini
Retro Duo
FC Twin
Other

I intend to use an original, once I get cords. I'm getting info preemptively so that it simplifies and speeds up the process of gathering the information and finally build a portable.

I think you can trim the grounds and stuff, but it would be easier to use a revised one(much easier to trim small). Didn't themadhacker once trim a snes mobo down to almost the size of a snes mini? or was that my imagination?

get pics of the front and back of the board, and then we'll talk.(or find some on the web)

mako321 said:
I think you can trim the grounds and stuff, but it would be easier to use a revised one(much easier to trim small). Didn't themadhacker once trim a snes mobo down to almost the size of a snes mini? or was that my imagination?
I know I have done this before. It's a bit wider in the end, but it all works relatively well.

Just make sure you get the smaller board
http://kyorune.com/modding/article.php?id=13

The mean thing about the snes is the brown paint coat, that hides the traces from you.

Thanks for that guide, Kyo, but the SNES that is the most easily available to me is the original, so I wont be using that at this point. Also, I'm glad that your information gathering site is coming along!

That's actually one of our oldest articles.

I really don't think using the bigger original snes is a good idea, especially if it's NTSC because of the sound unit. I tried trimming one, you will not be able to get it as small.

Here's some dimensions, untrimmed:
Small: 16x15.5cm
Big: 19x16cm

This is pal but should be relatively the same. Another problem with big ones (not all big ones, though):
198092_cartslot.jpg

Removable cart slot. Annoying for portables, because you have to secure it.

Do you know how to find a small board one? I'm assuming you live in NTSC-land. On the small board SNESes, the "eject" label on the eject button is raised instead of simply printed on.

Well I did link to my article where I document my findings, so I assume he just doesn't want to spend any money

I do want to spend money, It's just that my brother and I fused our money supplies, and so I dont waste all of our money both of us have to give approval for a purchase. Sucks sometimes, but I really go through money fast.

EDIT: Ohhhh, when i read it the first time I thought you were talking about the SNES mini. Now that my brain is properly functioning, I'll try to get the smaller board one for sure. I had a major brain fart there.

Back