Whats your top 5 Favorite Bands?

the songs they play repatedly on WEBN are Something in your mouth, wlecome to the jungle, cyanide, paridise city, The beautiful people, and Get down with the sickness. I mean have people ever heard of variety?

That "Something in your Mouth" song is probably the worst song I've heard on the radio in forever.

for metal fans looking for some good stuff, check out my list (note that they may not all suite your taste, but they are varied styles of good metal)

1. Dream Evil
2. Edguy
3. Dragonforce
4. Rhapsody of Fire
5. Axenstar

Honorable Mention
Heavenly (they would be top 5, but they only have 4 albums, the last two of which are the ones I listen to)

Dream Evil- The Book of Heavy Metal - They have a wide range of sounds they go for, so if that song isn't your taste, look up some of their other stuff.

Edguy- Down to the Devil --They also have a varied repertoire of songs (through 13 albums, you'd expect some evolution to their sound). A lot of their older stuff is more popular amongst the metal community, but Hellfire Club is possibly the best album ever.

Dragonforce- My Spirit Will Go On -- at this point you probably know enough about them to know if you like them or not.

Rhapsody of Fire- Triumph or Agony-- This band is the epitome of Symphonic Metal. This particular song is one of their more Symphony-heavy songs, complete with a 70-piece Symphony. Other songs of theirs are much more to a power-metal style. Interesting thing about this band is that all of their albums are a part of a two-saga story, The Emerald Sword Saga and The Dark Secret Saga.

Axenstar- The Final Requiem-- This band is fast and light. Sound upbeat and positive (even though some times the lyrics of the songs tell another story).

Heavenly- Virus -- This band has really made an impression on me. As I said, I only listen to their last two albums, but they are an awesome two albums. Can't wait until they come out with another one.

1. Metallica
2. Van Halen
3. The Beach Boys
4. Pantera
5. Bullet For My Valentine

Honorable Mentions-
Maximum the Hormone
Enter Shikari
Protest The Hero
The Beatles
McFly
Styx

grossaffe said:
for metal fans looking for some good stuff, check out my list (note that they may not all suite your taste, but they are varied styles of good metal)

1. Dream Evil
2. Edguy
3. Dragonforce
4. Rhapsody of Fire
5. Axenstar
holy crap! you win! you are the first person i have ever met that knows all five of those bands! :mrgreen:

grossaffe said:

1. Dream Evil
2. Edguy
3. Dragonforce
4. Rhapsody of Fire
5. Axenstar
I have never heard of any of these bands (except Dragonforce) but I looked them all up, and I can say that you have influenced my musical tastes, lol

ßeta said:
Metal is crap. :twisted:
facepalmpd6.gif
now was that really necessary? :evil: :lol:

*madhacker and his many intoxicated metalhead friends gang up on Beta*

*Beavis and butthead gang up too*

*throws beta off a cliff for bashing metal*

*ozzy picks up beta's body and eats head on stage*

samjc3 said:
grossaffe said:

1. Dream Evil
2. Edguy
3. Dragonforce
4. Rhapsody of Fire
5. Axenstar
holy crap! you win! you are the first person i have ever met that knows all five of those bands! :mrgreen:
No way! you listen to all of them, too? By the way, make sure you give Heavenly a listen, as they would be on my top 5 but their repertoire is not quite full yet.

So, how about these bands who didn't quite make the top 5 or get my honorable mention:
Falconer (make sure you look at their first two and last two albums, they had a different singer in their middle two albums and he wasn't up to the job. Their singer is really what makes them who they are)
Firewind (Gus G., their guitarist was the lead guitar for Dream Evil until he left to focus more on Firewind)
Freedom Call - They are a unique band, their style is pretty ranged. I think a lot of their songs are the kind that grow on you with time rather than being instant hits.
Galneryus -Japanese melodic metal. Their 4th album went in a bit of a different direction from their previous three, but I think they did a good job with both styles. Don't know what else to say, really.
Kamelot (If you like Rhapsody, you'll probably like them. They're epic/symphonic with an amazing opera-trained singer)

chocoboy said:
I have never heard of any of these bands (except Dragonforce) but I looked them all up, and I can say that you have influenced my musical tastes, lol

happy to be of assistance in introducing you to the world of what I consider to be the true metal. Very melodic, harmonic, and layered. It doesn't have to be about growling like the cookie monster. :)

ßeta said:
Metal is crap. :twisted:
Metal is possibly the most diverse genre out there. It can take influences from so many different sources and come up with a completely new sound. I'm sorry you feel that way about a genre as broad as your musical taste is narrow ;).

edit: Wow, what a coincidence, just while I'm in the middle of scolding ßeta for lack of musical taste, and as I mention the band Galneryus, ßeta mentions interest in said band.

grossaffe said:
So, how about these bands who didn't quite make the top 5 or get my honorable mention:
Falconer (make sure you look at their first two and last two albums, they had a different singer in their middle two albums and he wasn't up to the job. Their singer is really what makes them who they are)
Firewind (Gus G., their guitarist was the lead guitar for Dream Evil until he left to focus more on Firewind)
Freedom Call - They are a unique band, their style is pretty ranged. I think a lot of their songs are the kind that grow on you with time rather than being instant hits.
Galneryus -Japanese melodic metal. Their 4th album went in a bit of a different direction from their previous three, but I think they did a good job with both styles. Don't know what else to say, really.
Kamelot (If you like Rhapsody, you'll probably like them. They're epic/symphonic with an amazing opera-trained singer)
i have falconer, firewind and kamelot (i really like kamelot. i have every song by them), but not freedom call and galneyrus (im checking them out as i write this.) :p

samjc3 said:
grossaffe said:
i have falconer, firewind and kamelot (i really like kamelot. i have every song by them), but not freedom call and galneyrus (im checking them out as i write this.) :p
Now its your turn to give ME suggestions ;). The new-music-smell of Heavenly is started to wear off and I need something to tide me over until the end of summer when Freedom Call and Heavenly come out with new albums.

grossaffe said:
Now its your turn to give ME suggestions ;). The new-music-smell of Heavenly is started to wear off and I need something to tide me over until the end of summer when Freedom Call and Heavenly come out with new albums.
Amon Amarth
Alestorm
Avantasia
Blind Guardian
Cradle of Filth
Dream Theatre
Eluveitie
Equilibrium
Falkenbach
The Fall of Troy
HammerFall
Hatebreed