Whats your top 5 Favorite Bands?

AfroLH

Frequent Poster
(This Is Forum 47, Lets talk about other stuff but Modding ;) )

Mine:
1. Outkast
2. Nirvana
3. My Chemical Romance
4. Tool
5. Aphex Twin

Whats yours?

Hmm, my musical interests kind of span a few different genres (not that yours didn't, afrolh,) so it's hard to pick a top 5. If I had to pick five that I couldn't live without then...

1) Metallica
2) Rush
3) Haydn
4) John Digweed
5) Linkin Park

Top 5 bands: (Of all time)
1- Mahala Rai Banda
2- The Aquabats
3- Infected Mushroom
4- Fatboy Slim
5- The Ramones

Top 5 songs: (Right now, no particular order.)
Ammoncontact -Sutekh
Theme Song! -The Aquabats
Scarlet Begonias -Sublime
Romano Dance -Mahala Rai Banda
Rize Up -The Chemical Brothers

List of most of my favorite artists: Adam Ant, Asian Dub Foundation, The Basement Jaxx, The Beasty Boys, Bob Sinclair, Butthole Surfers, Dethklok, DJ Food, DJ Sharpnel, Fatboy Slim, Gogol Bordello, GMS, Infected Mushroom, Koji Kondo, J.U.F., Mahala Rai Banda, MC Hawking, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, The Modal Nodes, Nine Inch Nails, Operation Ivy, Paul Oakenfold, The Prodigy, The Ramones, Rammstein, Rancid, Sex Pistols, Shantel, The Specials, The Stickmen, Streetlight Manifesto, The Toasters

I dare you to listen to weirder music than I. :lol:

ßeta said:
AfroLH said:
ßeta said:
I dare you to listen to weirder music than I. :lol:

Oh, Believe me.
I prolly listen to stuff just as strange, if not stranger.

Is that a challenge? :lol: Try me. :wtf:

Squarepusher, Ludachrist (yes thats spelled right), Bass Nectar, Aphex Twin, TV On the Radio (Yes, they have gotten pretty down-to-earth recently) Just to name a few.

Wow. Adam Ant. I haven't even thought of that name in 20 years. Parents used to have a vinyl.

My favorite Aphex Twin song is the remix of the Speed Racer american cartoon theme. The version I like was added at the end of a 3-episode VHS tape I've had since I was little, and it's a great song. I've heard of Bass Nectar, don't remember who it is though.

Here, listen to this. It's weird, it's excellent. A favorite of mine.

ALL OF ADAM ANT IS REALLY CATCHY. I LOVE "GOODY TWO SHOES".

ßeta said:
ALL OF ADAM ANT IS REALLY CATCHY. I LOVE "GOODY TWO SHOES".

I really wouldn't know! :lol: Never listened to it. They swore me to secrecy so that no one would know that they owned it. That was a long time ago though, and they don't even live in the same state these days...

Did you listen through to 1:00?
That's the end of the intro.

Link didn't really go anywhere for me.
Send ONE song. ONE. :)

Robm- Goody Two Shoes -Adam Ant Its ridiculous, I understand if you don't like it. But.... It's time you knew. :lol: EDIT: oh, it cuts off. Oh well.

ßeta said:

Yeah, and after the intro I did not like it at all.
Not my kinda music.

Oh and for the link, you just have to wait a bit.
It will start playing after it loads.

AfroLH said:
ßeta said:

Yeah, and after the intro I did not like it at all.
Not my kinda music.

Oh and for the link, you just have to wait a bit.
It will start playing after it loads.

You're not supposed to like it, it's "weird music." :lol:
It would take me forever. Just took me 2 hours to download iPhone 3.0.

ßeta said:
You're not supposed to like it, it's "weird music." :lol:
It would take me forever. Just took me 2 hours to download iPhone 3.0.

Lol, well the wired music I listen to, I actually like.
And too bad about you not being able to listen to the genius that is BANGFEST!!!

Oh, and a story relating to this topic:
One time I was in class and my friend was telling me that Country is better than Rock because it tells better stories (LOAD OF CRAP). So I said, "NO WAY, ALL COUNTRY IS CRAP" really loudly.
So my teacher hears this, and precedes to tell me I am one of the most close-minded people in the class. I got really mad, as well as some other students. I took out my iPod (Yes, I got in trouble after that) and told her to look through my songs and tell me how many genres were on there. Well she counted 7 and shut up after that.

:mrgreen: VICTORY

Is it just me or does Adam look like Christopher Walken... (Fast forward to the end of the vid and you'll see what I mean.)

Yeah. That's weird music. Can't compete.

Oh wait.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8v_nDap-i8

Cradle of Filth is horrible, in my opinion, but that particular song makes me happy blaring it through suburbs in my Expedition.

Edit: Country has its good points, but generally, I can only hear so much about a truck or John Deere before I go insane. And the same, repetitive bass line... "DUM dum DUM dum DUM dum..."

to get back on topic...

1 Ozzy Osbourne (DUH)
2 The Beatles
3 KoRn (forgot how to make backwards R)
4 Black Sabbath
5 Genesis

Other bands that were really close are Pantera, The Who, Iron Maiden, Metallica (but for the past decade they have been sellouts making crap music), White zombie/Rob zombie, Nirvana, Led zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, and the rest I can't remember right now.

Back