We kan haz new rule now? Yes. Yes we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

βeta

ModRetro Legend
Talking like a LOLcat is now an automatic 3-day ban, after 1 warning. Unless it's REALLY funny. Which it really never is, so just don't even bother. Yes, we are serious.

this is a good rule, it'll stop some noobs that you see every now and then. (it'll also end some fun though :gonk: does this rule apply to the chatroom or shockslayer's story time?

bentomo said:
When did this become a problem? I've never seen anyone talk like a lolcat on here.
Same here; however, I approve of any rule that will make this place more professional. Maybe that's not the word I'm looking for.

If people want their lolcat fix, why not create a board, devoted to randomness, which is filled with threads that have nothing to do with anything, and do not effect post count?
Non-modding stuff could be discussed in there as well, you know, movies, videogames in general, that kind of crap.
Would not, in theory, the creation of a venue devoted to the attraction of off-topic, heathenistic postings, purify the rest of the forums for the surety of enjoyment by more mature Modretro users?
But then again, the problem is, in all likelihood, not drastic enough to warrant such a measure. But if it ever nears that point, that would be the course of action that I would deem most recommendable.
and if said board EVER gets created, IT'S NAME SHOULD BE "THE CESSPOOL". :awesome:

I used to not think dumbtalk was a big deal. I even unintentionally started a Benheck thread war (me against the entire BenHeck collection :rolleyes: ) just to point out how insignificant it was. - I'm not a "true" nerd and had to learn how to talk on the internet without sounding like an asshole - which I did for the most part :mrgreen: .

but...

I gotta say, dumbtalk pisses me the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* off! So thumbs up for this rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back