The WKF and the Qoob Pro, a detective's tale of romance!

ShockSlayer

Probably SS
Okay, the following post is my detective's notes as I go through this and solder, test, and do all sortsa flaxe. Enjoi:

--

First obstacle to overcome, the dastardly Darth Ashen has trimmed my only WKF mobo so much that all but two of the original solder points for the qoob cable are gone! I must find new points!

Dang! None of these sanded mobo scans are clear enough of a picture to find out where the points could have gone, I have to pave my own way.

Finding sandpaper is hard.

Found some 180 grit sandpaper, should be fine for sanding this little section of the mobo. I'll cut off a piece and take it with me.

Sanded, this mobo reveals to me it's secrets! No trace is safe from the prying lens of the GodDang ShockSlayer's camera! Now, to upload these shots to the main computer's database.

Ah, these look great! This last one will do..Hmm, zoom in, clean that up....AHA! Now, to mark it properly!

Curses! All nearby 5v points have been chopped off, Darth Ashen strikes again! I guess I'll just have to hook up the 5v line directly to the regulator fairy.

There, the diagram is finished! I'm sure that there are two alternate points for the MX chip, but why solder to them when the chip is still intact? :dah:
qoobdiagram.png

Now, I just have to wire up the qoob to the GC and begin testing!

Forgive me, but what does the Qoob do that the Wiikey doesn't? I looked it up and I'm not entirely certain. What is it used for, if you're not keeping the disc drive?

Kyosho said:
Forgive me, but what does the Qoob do that the Wiikey doesn't? I looked it up and I'm not entirely certain. What is it used for, if you're not keeping the disc drive?

It's not anything really special, it can boot an app or two off of it's own flash, and it has a cheat engine, same one as Swiss I think, plus it's cool to boot to your own custom image instead of the regular GC logo, although at any time you can boot the cube normally by holding X, so it's just an extra really.

Only reason I'd want it in a portable is for looks, and the ability to boot swiss/sdload without having to use the WKF, seeing as how I seem to get a storm of header errors and "WBFS Open" multiple times before I can get it to load(sometimes, probably my SD though.) And cheats with the WKF would be sweet.

Had to put together a controller so I can test this right, but I'm about to wire it up! I should probably find a heatsink that still has it's thermal paste and throw it on here, GC's naked right now, and boy is it hot. :U

SS

If this works imma put this in my vita.
EDIT:Wheres a good place to buy the qoob pro?

AAAAAAAAALWAYS I WANNA BE WITH YOU AND MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOU AND LIVE IN HARMONY HARMONY OH LOOOOOOOOOOVE

Back