The Perfect Video Game (in your opinion)

But keep in mind that that's over a span of 16 years (assuming robm has been playing ever since it came out, which is likely.)

AfroLH said:
All of these games are garbage except Mother 3.

Guild Wars is full of little kids, and is an MMO so it's automatically flax
Ocarina Of Time is flax compared to Majora's Mask
Holy God, Megaman Legends sucks so hard

This makes me want to stab small children. Loving all the blind judgments.

And I thought I was bad with 1,100 hours in Guild Wars. o.o

I wouldn't call OoT flax compared to Majora's Mask, but it is hugely overrated, and I sincerely believe MM is the better of the two games.

Twilight Wolf said:
I wouldn't call OoT flax compared to Majora's Mask, but it is hugely overrated, and I sincerely believe MM is the better of the two games.
Turn on the troll radar, Afro was obviously trolling :p

sucessfultrollissucessful.jpeg
Except I wasn't trolling about a few of them.

Megaman Legends genuinely sucks, as does Guild Wars.
And Fallout 2 > Fallout 3.
And MGS4 does suck.
And FF6 did piss me off, but it's a great game.
And Mass Effect is pretty average.
And Majora's Mask does make Ocarina Of Time look like a piece of flax.

AfroLH said:
And Mass Effect is pretty average.
You dare say these things? Mass Effect Is one of the greatest games ever released. Period. Anyone who argues this will be shipped a box of pure fury, that will explode and kill them.

ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Ocarina is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy better than MM (although, I do enjoy both) MM is basically a recycled hack with a great storyline. Also, I HATED the whole 3 days thing. But being a Goron was quite fun :)

as for my perfect game.... If I have to choose one, it would be Grand Theft Auto IV. It has everything. They set you in a gigantic city, and let you do whatever you want. The Cars are so creative, and like today's. Lots of interesting weaponry, beautiful surroundings, and excellent story. Lots of characters, good and bad. But most of all, It's just plain fun. You can spawn a helicopter, go to the max height, drop, and land on an unsuspecting civilian(never done that, but have tried many times.) Point is, wreaking havoc is half the fun!

close contenders are Zelda OoT/WW/TP, Metroid Prime Trilogy, SMG 1/2, PKMN Crystal/HeartGold (Crystal was my first video game) StarFox 64, which I gave many very late nights to.

CamaroCam said:
Ocarina is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy better than MM (although, I do enjoy both) MM is basically a recycled hack with a great storyline. Also, I HATED the whole 3 days thing. But being a Goron was quite fun :)

as for my perfect game.... If I have to choose one, it would be Grand Theft Auto IV. It has everything. They set you in a gigantic city, and let you do whatever you want. The Cars are so creative, and like today's. Lots of interesting weaponry, beautiful surroundings, and excellent story. Lots of characters, good and bad. But most of all, It's just plain fun. You can spawn a helicopter, go to the max height, drop, and land on an unsuspecting civilian(never done that, but have tried many times.) Point is, wreaking havoc is half the fun!

close contenders are Zelda OoT/WW/TP, Metroid Prime Trilogy, SMG 1/2, PKMN Crystal/HeartGold (Crystal was my first video game) StarFox 64, which I gave many very late nights to.

GTAIV has LESS weapons than its predecessor, that's just ridiculous. And the cars handle like retarded garbage cans. The hand brake doesn't work at all, not even close.

CamaroCam said:

OOT was a recycled game.
It was Link To The Past in 3D, that's it. Nothing really original.

Majora's Mask was an experience.
An amazing story, amazing gameplay, awesome puzzles, and it was the most original Zelda game to ever come out.

And the reason you hate the 3 days thing is because you fail at life.
You weren't really timed, they gave you the Ocarina of Time so you can go back.

Majora's Mask > OoT
Fact.

How is that a fact? everyone gave Ocarina a Perfect or near perfect score. MM was always given good or great.

Beta, the handbrake works, it's just different. I will agree, the less amount of weapons than SA is a little disappointing, but look at it this way, San An had a lot of ridiculous weaponry, like the flamethrower, the detpak, the Rocket Launcher. And although all were awesome, they were unrealistic. especially given the time period. So, although San Andreas was an amazing game. I prefer IV for it's realistic nature, wonderful storyline, and beautiful surroundings.

I think Majora's Mask used the concept of time as a gameplay implement way better and way more in-depth than Ocarina of Time ever did. While you had a primary goal you had to accomplish, to get there, you had to manipulate time in as many ways as you were able to in order to complete smaller side stories that all had relevance in their own ways to the game's story as a whole, making for a really deep experience. Probably the only reason it didn't receive higher scores is because it's such a different style of game than Ocarina of Time was -- darker, too -- and usually different = bad in the video game world. Nowadays, instead of being viewed as a fantastic video game, it's just "that one Zelda game."

While I won't deny Ocarina of Time was a great game, it is not the best game of all time. Not even close. It's not even the best game in the Zelda series. I guarantee you if Link to the Past were in 3D on the N64, it'd be called the greatest game of all time. Same with Final Fantasy VII -- it's only called the best because you've got a huge legion of fanboys who say so and the writers of some of the video game world's news websites fall in with them.

Loco Roco. Physics, exploration, cute as Heck little blob things. No glitches, no bugs, no repetitiveness. Simple controls, cute story, and replayability (due to exploration and house part finding).

Nothing's perfect, but Loco Roco comes Dang close.

CamaroCam said:
How is that a fact? everyone gave Ocarina a Perfect or near perfect score. MM was always given good or great.

"The biased magazines said so, so it must be true."

Majora's Mask is better, that's a fact.
Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

well now, no need to get hostile. we are all on the same team here. Let's agree to disagree. this is debate, so please don't go insulting me.

It's not a "fact". It was never a "FACT". IT WILL NEVER BE "FACT". It's an "opinion" and that's all it's ever gonna be, and when you parade around like a douchebag misusing terms, you make people who legitimately tend to agree with your opinion look bad.

Also, It's more than magazines. It's *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing everywhere, much more than Alttp and MM combined.

SS

Back