The MR Show/Podcast

I think the hosts should be people who have done great things, like:

Palmer (Forum founder)
SS (Awesome admin)
Jlee (Awesome Admin)
Benmoto (Smallest N64p)
Hailrazer (Awesome voice, plus he's a great portablizer)

pLover said:
I think the hosts should be people who have done great things, like:

Palmer (Forum founder)
SS (Awesome admin)
Jlee (Awesome Admin)
Benmoto (Smallest N64p)
Hailrazer (Awesome voice, plus he's a great portablizer)
Who's this benmoto fella, I'll challenge him NAUGH! :evil2:

jk Anyway, I'd rather be a host because I'm an active member, not because I can make a small n64. But yeah the mods seem good as the host, and the person who's actually going to do all the setting up and editing.

How about adding 3 non modders to the mix like me, Kickback, and TW?

Well, I think we should see who has a decentish microphone, and doesn't have a nails-on-chalkboard voice.

Anyone who plays TF2 knows that my voice is awesome. TW sounds cool. Kickback is. British, so he automatically has the best voice.

Try being a little more modest, J.D. I agree about Kickback, though. Also, robm. (And me :p)

Or why not different things done by different people? Like the Admins and mods are the main hosts, but then there could be like guest hosts and like different segments, and stuff, like SSSS (ShockSlayer's Story Segment) and Panda Madness Minute (From South Park :D)

Well I am a active member, I have a really good microphone/webcam on my laptop and I'm the one setting up and creating this. So I think I should be one person on it, if you don't like that idea, feel free to say so.

I think that this'll be the type of show where A LOT of people will be on it through out the show as guest hosts and random visitors.

As for other peeps, Admins get first pick there's only four of them and mods will alternate with admins, I think if we had 6 peeps running this me (hopefully)+ the 4 admins if they can do it+2 mods/extraordinary members. So maybe one of the two would be Hail, and Bentomo or someone else.

Well, I'm too busy and don't have anything to contribute, but I'll probably at least watch it. That is, of course, if it doesn't suck.

Maybe some audio-only (with pictures maybe) and some video segments?

I'd like the idea of having audio instead of video. My face lends itself more to audio then video. :p

Not to mention that an audio download would be a lot more convenient then a video download. I don't usually actively watch podcasts. I listen to them while I'm doing something. Video doesn't lend itself to that.

kylechu said:
I'd like the idea of having audio instead of video. My face lends itself more to audio then video. :p

Not to mention that an audio download would be a lot more convenient then a video download. I don't usually actively watch podcasts. I listen to them while I'm doing something. Video doesn't lend itself to that.
It's also a lot easier to edit, but I think we should throw in a few video segments. I agree, we just need a good program we can be on and record our voices.

I think we don't necessarily need video, but it would just be a slide show and change during the audio to see what the person is talking about or what their project looks like.

Very cool idea. I've been on a dozen or so podcasts for friends and the likes, and even though I haven't finished a portable yet, I'd love to help out, star on the podcast as a regular guest or something.

I second the idea of having it be audio only. Its much easier to produce and distribute and I'm not gonna sit down and watch a 20-30 min. video on people talking to each other about games, its much easier to leave it playing in the background and listen while you browse the web. Also, no offense to DJ, but I feel the "main hosts" should be either staff members or experienced modders, with the "guest hosts" consisting more of your regular members who frequent the site.

I also think no scripts. Scripted podcasts suck ass. It should just be a 20-30 min long clip of a handful of us talking about modding, games, etc.

I like that idea, but only 4 people at the most because some of us won't even talk most of the time.

Y'know if you guys do re-read the thread, I've already agreed to do alot of those suggestions, and Zero if more than one person has a problem with me being on the podcast (3-4 members), I'll gladly step down.

Back