The afternoon projects thread

snowpenguin said:
Sam expects every american has to use and know about guns.

Typical stereotypes WOO.
i should sig that. and, its not that i expect eery american to know, just every cool american, and, well, i was under the impression beta was cool. until now. :dah:

samjc3 said:
snowpenguin said:

Typical stereotypes WOO.
i should sig that. and, its not that i expect eery american to know, just every cool american, and, well, i was under the impression beta was cool. until now. :dah:
If every American must have a familiarity with firearms to be a "Cool American", then they must also fap, loot houses, drive fast cars, kill prostitutes, do cocaine, and stab people in large crowds.

I went to the shooting range with my brother and my dad a couple weeks ago. So I just took some of the shells that were fired. Hope that clears some stuff up. haha :D

samjc3 said:
snowpenguin said:

Typical stereotypes WOO.
I should sig that.
But it'd take up too much room.

jleemero said:
samjc3 said:
snowpenguin said:

Typical stereotypes WOO.
If every American must have a familiarity with firearms to be a "Cool American", then they must also fap, loot houses, drive fast cars, kill prostitutes, do cocaine, and stab people in large crowds.
Quite.
And smoke a cigar/pipe once a day, commit suicide on a regular basis.

PhookYu said:
New to this site. Just got done with these babies! Polished too :D
0509101854a.jpg

0509101855a.jpg
Coolest xbox 360 controller mod I have seen.
:p

It is widely known that portablizers use every part of the buffalo.
Here is my ghetto Playstation composite cable made from the connector on my PSone screen:

It took longer for my soldering iron to heat up than it did to make this.

Why buy one when I can make one for free? :p I actually have a composite cable, but I needed another in a pinch, so I made this one.

Commission: Game Boy Pocket with a GBASP battery and 2x overclock switch.

The battery is 3.7v (4.2 when fully charged) and is 600mAh. Should last around 5 hours on a charge. I desoldered the original power plug (the tiny one on the bottom) and rewired it to connect the battery to the GBP or to the plug when it's plugged in. It can't charge and play.

Two wires for the clock crystal:
2i0rpg1.jpg

Showing the battery, relocated caps and dremeled-out AAA battery holder.
8x9578.jpg

Under the battery
24w4nj7.jpg

4.1mhz GBP crystal and 8.3mhz GBC crystal plus switch:
2lvef0j.jpg

I thought you guys might like this. When I used my wire cutters to try and get the crystal off, it broke the top off it, leaving the internals perfectly undamaged. This is what it looks like:
2i0udqh.jpg

Since it's a GBASP battery, I needed a GBASP to charge it. This one has a cracked screen and the backlight taken out already.
vxkh3t.jpg

Closed up:
1zn2xk5.jpg

Showing it's working:
24z947r.jpg

The back, showing the switch. The battery cover was glued on and the tab broken off with a piece of it glued in place, just for looks. The tab extended down too far and hit the battery, so I had to take it off. You can't open the battery cover, but there is no need to since it is rechargable.
e1enh5.jpg

:awesome:

Back