The afternoon projects thread

Bomb, James. James Bomb.

It's too bad I don't carry around a camera. My phone is too old (by choice, though).

rem870mcs_ax.jpg

A picture of a masterkey.

Twilight Wolf said:
Don't do anything too rash now, jlee. Wouldn't want you in trouble, after all.
Right, right, that'll happen.
I get caught doing ALL the flax I do, this is such a big risk compared to the other stuff I do on a regular basis.
;)

banditpaw1 said:
Did the tin can key work as well? Also on a scale of 1-10 how hard would this be?
Worked!
But, wouldn't turn it, it just bent the silly key.
But, putting it in the lock, and turning the lock with a screwdriver worked perfectly!

1 - 10 ain't much of a scale.
Look, it ain't that hard, it really isn't, but having an understanding of, ya know, locks and keys, helps.

robm said:
By and large, it looks fine. Heck, it's a bench power supply - they NEVER look good.

But...

One.

Small.

Thing.

What the Heck is that piece of PCB sticking out of the case for?

It's not sticking out of the case. It's just a really badly placed background object.

About the keys, my friend found a couple plastic blanks in his truck. A few minutes with a file later, he had a working key. His truck's ignition has a grip that you can turn in addition/instead of the key itself, so the key only had to be strong enough to move the tumblers. A neat trick to know.

Just did the Master Key I got pics of.

Gonna try it out.... Friday!
I'm out of town tomorrow, but on Friday, the school will be open (though I don't have to attend), so I'll try it out then.

XCVG said:
It's not sticking out of the case. It's just a really badly placed background object.

No it isn't.

It's the piece sticking out of the case, just to the left of the power switch.

Yes, didn't work.
Compared it to the original master key, it's VERY noticeable where I messed up.

I might try another.

Back