Team Fortress 2 free weekend on now!

Twilight Wolf

Frequent Poster
Do you have a computer? Do you think it'll run Team Fortress 2?

If so, go download Steam and Team Fortress 2 and play for free all weekend! If it runs playably, buy it -- it's half-price right now, only $9.99! Or even better, buy The Orange Box for a mere $30 for five fantastic games!

So what are you waiting for? Go get you some!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/

Do you think this setup would run it?

260br0z.png

I think you could possibly get it to run. Not well, but you could get it to run.

Either way, it's free to try, so why not give it a shot? I'll look for a good FPS config for you.

This thing can barely break 30FPS on Warzone 2100 running at 720p with no shadows, and it bogs down to 10-15FPS when there are tons of action going on.

And Warzone 2100 was released more than 10 years ago. Whoopee.... :(

Anyway, downloading Steam to try it out.

2wm2mub.jpg

With this I can play L4D2, Aguiluz.

I am sure yours can run TF2.

Edit: Hmm, then again the graphics card thing may not be that great. You could try complete low detail :D

You have a more modern graphics card than Aguiluz's laptop's graphics. That's the main weak point of his, the RAM being next.

Low detail and low resolution (1024 x 768), and an FPS config, should do the trick, I think.

Twilight Wolf said:
You have a more modern graphics card than Aguiluz's laptop's graphics. That's the main weak point of his, the RAM being next.

Low detail and low resolution (1024 x 768), and an FPS config, should do the trick, I think.

The main point I wanted to show was that I had a Pentium 4 Processor, which is really crappy, but in all it'll do the trick...just it takes ten minutes to load into a game and they're halfway through with the map.

Yeah, it looks like he has an integrated graphics card.

I updated the graphics drivers on my laptop, and have finally reached a point where I can load the game. However, it's rotated sideways. Like, scrolling up on the mouse is scrolling right across the picture. Anyone have any idea what would cause this or how to fix it?

It does that when you can scroll sideways, but not up or down - Can you scroll on the forums?

It's like the entire display was rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise when running TF2. No idea why. I'm restarting it and waiting for it to load again. Second or third restart.

I don't care how it looks as long as it runs, but at the same time I don't want to pay the 10 bucks to buy it :lol:

Just FYI, that site isn't the most accurate. It's good for getting a general idea of how your computer will do, but for a game like TF2, the minimum specs listed on that site wouldn't really cut it any more.

RAGE!!!! All my friends just got TF2 ( I MEAN ALLLLLLL!!!!!) I dont have a PC to play them on.

Will 1 of the new MacBookPros do?

Also, Anyone wanna link me to a Desktop or Laptop PC that can game decently for a good price?!?!

Back