SPARKFUN FREE DAY!!!!!!!!!!

PalmerTech said:
I have been reading through the comments on it on several sites, and so far, have not read of a SINGLE person to get through.

My suspicious senses are tingling.

Yep same here.

Also notice how their site was back to full speed almost instantly. Most sites usually take around a day to recover from a heavy traffic increase like that.

What a piece of crap. I couldn't get in at all. I got to the page to input my paypal info to pay shipping but could never get past that. It kind of makes me feel better though to know that everyone else here had the same experience...

This sucks. My mom had the same problem this morning. Palmer, you think this whole thing was BS and no one got any stuff?

Sparkfun is reliable, they've been a top notch electronics store for a while now, but I dunno. I don't think they'd pull something like this, I think they said they had 70,000 users this morning, that's a lot for the server to handle methinks.

PalmerTech said:
I have been reading through the comments on it on several sites, and so far, have not read of a SINGLE person to get through.

My suspicious senses are tingling.
Friend of mine got through.
[7:45:47 AM] Nate: ORDER SUMMARY:

Status Product Qty Total
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item in Box TOL-00085 Soldering Station Variable Temperature 70W - Digital 1 $99.95
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal $99.95
Shipping and Handling + $10.15
-----------------------------------------------------
Grand Total: $110.10
[7:47:15 AM] Nate: Pending Credit Card Transactions $10.15 New
I, on the other hand, got to the billing information part maybe 30 minutes before it ended. Never did manage to refresh my way to the next step.

Back