SPARKFUN FREE DAY!!!!!!!!!!

couldnt i just get an 100 $ gift card, then use that to buy stuff at a later date and not pay shipping?

snowpenguin said:
Read the article. It states that giftcards cannot be purchased on free day.
He's right. People need to read instead of letting others do that for them.

So I was talking about this with a couple of friends, and this could wind up screwing you over for $100+.

[9:43:57 PM] Nate: That's my point
[9:44:09 PM] Nate: I think they're banking on orders not qualifying
[9:44:12 PM] Nate: Thousands of people.
[9:44:20 PM] Nate: They give away $100,000 dollars
[9:44::3:5 PM] Nate: And a couple thousand end up spending >$200,000 that wouldn't normally have done so
[9:44:44 PM] Gow: Is there no order cancelling
[9:44:54 PM] Nate: I do not know.
[9:45:07 PM] Nate: But even if there is
[9:45:11 PM] Nate: It reeks of a scam
[9:45::3:8 PM] Nate: As you say: it's not good business practice to give away $100k

'Course it's not like nobody else has thought of this. Snow was sort of mentioning it himself.

JohanEkdahl - Nov 24, 2009 - 02:59 PM
Post subject:
Quote:

The offfer expires after they have given away $100,000 USD worth of merchandise.

So you need to guarantee that you are among the first 1000 customers to get the deal. And I suppose SFE will not advertise when this limit has happened? Or will I see a $100 discount on my order just before I place it, and at that point be guaranteed that I will get it regardless of if I actually come in as #107? What if I get in as #107 and don't get the deal - will I be able to revert my order with no money lost?

Have to go over there to see the "Nitty Gritty Details". If my fears are confirmed then this is as close to scam that you can get. Kinda "sign here, and you'll be told what the terms are after that".

Super happy funtimes edit:
"If I place an order right after your 100 000 limit is blown, will I get notified in some way and possibly be able to change my mind?"

Yes, if you like you will be able to cancel the order, no problem.
Found in the comments. Guess it's alright.

The checkout process will let you know if the limit has been reached.

Also, this whole thing's going to fail - their servers are already too bogged down, it's 3 minutes till and it's timing out. :(

Got through twice, but they lost my paypal info, I have to try and navigate to change it.

EpicElite, what's the counter at?

ANNNNNNDDDDD...

Its over, just as I had finished putting in my debit card info.

I had started trying the *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing second the giveaway started and didn't get flax, what a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing load.

I have been reading through the comments on it on several sites, and so far, have not read of a SINGLE person to get through.

My suspicious senses are tingling.

Back