Show us your desktop!

Heck yeah, look at this sexy beast
Desktop-1_zps4ff0066d.jpg

Did you pay the $5 for Decor8, or is there another way to put a wallpaper on your start screen? I only had the Decor8 trial.

EasyC is easy, but I would like to try RobotC because that seems to be what all the other teams use. We compete in VRC. I don't know what you all do with VEX if you compete or not, but we are going to the world champions next week. This is our second year so we are pretty happy!

I made the mistake of moving my desktop image and then going into display settings, so I updated my desktop:
eS4BfrN.jpg

I only really use foobar to convert shn bootlegs into flac, which VLC can stomach. :oops:

ProgMetalMan said:
I only really use foobar to convert shn bootlegs into flac, which VLC can stomach. :oops:
Why would you use VLC for that when foobar plays FLAC? Furthermore, why would you use VLC instead of MPC?

VLC is my preferred media player.
The point of Foobar is to convert the shn files, which did not play correctly in VLC and aren't supported by format factory.

foobar and properly configured kawaii codec pack(MPC+LAV+xy-vsfilter+madvr) is best media center combo at this point in time I'd say.

KCP can handle 60fps 10bit and jinc-3 upscaling with even mid-range hardware. (I'm running HD6770 i53570) amongst the other benefits.

The issue is that he's using VLC for audio files. Why the Heck would anyone do that?

Because prog is stubborn like me. It's not because he thinks it's better, it's because he doesn't give a *Can'tSayThisOnTV* if it's better. It's what he wants to do, damnit, so he's going to *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing do it. You can't approach him with logic, it simply won't work.

that said, Prog: VLC for audio files is just plain retarded. It has the media management features of a crate of dead seals.

m064v40598s382n6g.jpg

Note that there is a physical gap between the two screens so the split in the wallpaper does not look all *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed up like it does in screenshot form.

I've found that MPC-HC is more flexible and powerful, but requires some tweaking to get working right. VLC works out of the box.

I use Windows Media Player for music, but for loose audio files, I use MPC-HC. I know I should find something better, but I'm too lazy to do it. Same excuse for using IE for a number of years.

Back