Show us your desktop!

x21npj.png

Thought this thread deserved a nice bump

> XP
> LMFAO song open in browser
> Bunch of useless shortcuts

Yeah, I wonder how we'll top that. Oh wait...

Oh, Dang. You're right, I do need to clean up my desktop a little...

The whole "Top that" was supposed to be a joke, by the way. What do you have against XP?

There really isn't much reason to use it as a primary OS anymore. The 64-bit version is also god awful.

bud said:
Your skype name is lord penis? Gay.

My Skype name is Lord Phallus. I think it's pretty funny. My username on ModRetro was going to be Lord Phallus, but I decided not to at the last second.

I regret that decision.

Buttcheeks McGee said:
What do you have against XP?
It's more than a decade old, for starters. XP has been in the wild longer than the time difference between the Windows 3.1 release date and its own. Its end-of-life date (when support will be completely cut off) is rapidly approaching. It also isn't as optimized for modern processors and instruction sets as its successors. Remember, it's only a year newer than Windows 2000, and six newer than 95. (Yes, the time difference between Windows 95 and XP is about half of XP's support life.) At least half the people on this forum probably don't even remember a time before XP. (Dang I feel old.)

Once you've used Win7 for a while, XP just feels primitive.

Oh how I loved the times before XP. I used Windows 2000 on a P3 at 700Mhz until 2007, though. Lol.
Before that, it was '98 on a P100, I believe...

But that doesn't answer my question. You don't like it just because it's old? It's a personal preference for me, I could use 7 if I really wanted, but I dunno.

There's plenty of mods and themes that will keep XP looking sexy, and as long as it keeps up, it's just fine by me. I probably will end up switching to Win7 sooner or later.

You're losing compatibility with modern software like a mofo.

Use Windows 7. Just like people have been saying since it came out, it's the next XP.
Seriously, if your computer runs 7, run 7, if it can't, You'll be better off with Ubuntu Slackware before long about four years ago.

Buttcheeks McGee said:
But that doesn't answer my question. You don't like it just because it's old?
Did you read at all? We didn't say it's just because it's "old" or it's not "sexy".

ttsgeb said:
Oh how I loved the times before XP. I used Windows 2000 on a P3 at 700Mhz until 2007, though. Lol.
Before that, it was '98 on a P100, I believe...
I wish we hadn't thrown out our old Windows 98 PC. I should see if I can find one for free around here for nostalgia's sake.

XP just doesn't support flax anymore, tbh.

It was good in 2001 but this is 2012, and yeah, the 64-bit version is terrible. I'd show you my desktop but you can't print screen on MS-DOS 5.0, maybe in the 64-bit version.

>Indie devs
>Not all total sacks of flax who don't do what they promise after making money
GP_team-meat-530w.jpg
notch-500x281.jpg

Back