Show us your desktop!

Twilight Wolf said:
What's wrong with WMP? I find it perfectly sufficient for my use.

As for the date format, what are you, Canadian? :p
No, I'm just not 'MMURIKAN. :p
As for WMP, it's got way less features and a terrible, non-user friendly UI compared to Winamp or Foobar2000 while not being any lighter on system resources. That and it doesn't support custom plugins and a good bit of audio/video formats.
For video in Windows: Media Player Classic x86 with CoreAVC(Costs money), MadVR(Worst on resources, best quality), or CCCP.(Lightest on resources)
For audio: Foobar2k or Winamp.

Well, I don't do a whole Heck of a lot with WMP, personally. I don't need a massive range of file types supported (my music is either WAV, MP3, or WMA), and I only use it to watch DVDs now and then. Quicktime covers videos I take on my phone and I don't do that often. Other than that I don't need video playback.

Twilight Wolf said:
Well, I don't do a whole Heck of a lot with WMP, personally. I don't need a massive range of file types supported (my music is either WAV, MP3, or WMA)
This. And I just use VLC for video.
The thing with no icon is ventrilo server. I haven't found a way to change the icon, and it's not in properties.
I use uTorrent because the remote app is nice.
Some of my friends play Runescape and I mainly get on there to talk to them, or sometimes I'll do a quest or something. It's also fun to troll the endless 12 year olds.

AbyssPWNS said:
Twilight Wolf said:
Well, I don't do a whole Heck of a lot with WMP, personally. I don't need a massive range of file types supported (my music is either WAV, MP3, or WMA)
This. And I just use VLC for video.
1zzn8gl.gif

Actually, VLC 2.0 is much improved. I remember it seeking faster than the then current MPC-HC too when I was messing around with both.

Zero said:
Actually, VLC 2.0 is much improved. I remember it seeking faster than the then current MPC-HC too when I was messing around with both.
Tried it out for a while on my HTPC, had all the same issues as ever.

We should have a thread to recommend/debate commonly used programs like media players and web browsers. It might help keep threads like this on track a bit more.

Mako321 said:
Zero said:
Tried it out for a while on my HTPC, had all the same issues as ever.

I honestly have not gotten it once on 2.0, and that was on my older PC with a flaxty CPU, watching 10bit HD video. Besides the seek times, the only difference I remember is VLC being slightly brighter than MPC-HC.

Back