Show us your desk/room setup!!!

kigconker1 said:
Buttcheeks why are you using a lcd tv with bit war consoles, they will look like flax. The only way to go, in my opinion, is to modify a arcade monitor to accept standard input.

Because that's totally an affordable, convenient, and viable option for everyone.

Twilight Wolf said:
kigconker1 said:
Buttcheeks why are you using a lcd tv with bit war consoles, they will look like flax. The only way to go, in my opinion, is to modify a arcade monitor to accept standard input.

Because that's totally an affordable, convenient, and viable option for everyone.

Nah, but a CRT TV is.

kigconker1 said:
Buttcheeks why are you using a lcd tv with bit war consoles, they will look like flax. The only way to go, in my opinion, is to modify a arcade monitor to accept standard input. I wouldn't recommend pulling it from a Namco machine, the're generally flimsy. Secondly, get a Genesis model 1, the audio quality is incomparable. Lastly what happened to your poor dreamcast, do it justice and mix up some retro-bright.

(A)-While I would LOVE to have a modified arcade monitor, I'm absolutely STRAPPED for space in my miniscule room. God help me if I find one of those king recliners with the cooler and drawers and stuff in it... Also, I'm poor and I can't just pick up a spare arcade machine. :(

(B)-I JUST GOT MY MODEL 2 FROM A GARAGE SALE A DAY BEFORE I POSTED THAT PICTURE! I took my Model 1 down to save some space. The poor Model 1 was hanging off the side of my wire shelf. But, since you say the audio quality is better, I guess I'll stick her back up there.

(3)-My poor, beautiful Dreamcast was the victim of trailer-park video game console neglect. Years of smoking around her and the occasional beer spilled on her didn't do the old beast much good. Luckily, I saved her from the depths of that horrible torture chamber for a mere $15.

By the way, Googled Retrobright. I love you.

Now to get some Oxy-Clean. Hope I don't accidenally make meth!

Do you want an extremely high quality CRT that takes composite, S-video, and 15kHz RGB, but doesn't take up a ton of space or break the bank?

Look no further than a Trinitron PVM-8041Q!

8" CRTs are adorable! They also take batteries. Cool.

!CEpyoOQEGk~$(KGrHqZ,!mIE1GEYYMOBBNShfNzi2g~~_3.JPG

Commodore/Amiga 1080 and 1084 monitors are 12" and can do 15khz rgb and composite. i used to use mine all the time but i need to take it apart and repair the RCA jacks :neutral2:

wp001007.jpg

I just finished building those speaker boxes. The sound is a lot louder. I like it.
Also, I don't care that that's the worst possible place to put an xbox, I think it looks cool, so it's staying.

The monitor on the left faces my bed and can be switched between being a second screen for my laptop and a screen for my xbox 360. If I want to play the original xbox, I plug it into my laptop's capture card and play through there.

I had an epiphany and realized that every single one of my consoles don't have to be plugged in at the same time, so I cleaned up and there's not an orgy of cords under my shelves now.
XYFHt.jpg

I used all this extra space to put in some Christmas lights. They go nice with my computer's LED fans.

Pictured from left to right:
Incense
Change jar
Paper creeper
Audio stuff (bookshelf speakers, tape deck, receiver, turntable)
Phone box and blank DVDs
Laptop
TV that I also use as a second monitor
N64

Oh, flax, This thread's back?

Have a look at how clean I've kept my desk.

wp20130118002.jpg

The rag is there because the edge of my desk started to hurt my arm when I was playing minecraft for the past two days straight.
Yep. I'm single again. :/

fa9d95.jpg

Pictured:
Meta Knight plush
Link plush
Scraggy plush (wearing my backup glasses)
Charizard figure
Lugia figure
Various drama awards
GBA SP
Bag of trash

It's all in this neat little alcove between my room's wall and my "closet." Cool flax.

oioioidesk.png

i love my desk. i'm working on a design for a canvas panel to put on the wall behind the rectangular cubby hole on the top.

tvtvtvtv.png

tv/game times. i'd still like to fit my 360 up here, so i'm thinking about getting a single matching shelf column. that way, i'll be able to put the 360 on top of the side opposite the ps3.

added bonus: dogs.

Abyss station 2.0

Audio table to the left.

Eventually getting a proper desk and actually managing my cables.

Back