Protect IP & SOPA: The Internet Blacklist

It's getting voted on on Wednesday, and could very well get passed.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*. :wtf:

Besides, Congress would just ram it through* again and override the veto, making it law anyway.

^ Except it doesn't actually work like this anymore.

* RAMMING IT DOWN ARE THROATS OPEN YOU'RE EYES AND WAKE UP, PEOPLE
HbHnh.gif

Ok, but (AND I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH) only if they have an awful good set of circumstances to justify it.

They're not going to your *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing house and be all like, Hey, we're gonna throw you in jail for like, ever, K? K.

If they think you're a terrorist? Murderer? Drug smuggler? Yep. Yepyepyep, and I support that all the *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing way, because seriously, *Can'tSayThisOnTV* those guys.

If you don't have anything to hide, then you've got nothing to worry about, same with SOPA.

robm said:
If you don't have anything to hide, then you've got nothing to worry about, same with SOPA.

What about AVGN, CGR, and Machinima? No one want's to see James Rolfe (except Irate gamer fans) or Mark Bussler tossed in jail for streaming video game footage.

A lot of internet bandwidth is actual piracy. More than half is torrents, and we all know how those are really used, right?
I bet more than 90% of the members of this forum have pirated at least one thing.

robm said:
Ok, but (AND I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH) only if they have an awful good set of circumstances to justify it.

They're not going to your *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing house and be all like, Hey, we're gonna throw you in jail for like, ever, K? K.

If they think you're a terrorist? Murderer? Drug smuggler? Yep. Yepyepyep, and I support that all the *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing way, because seriously, *Can'tSayThisOnTV* those guys.

Except when they make a mistake, which happens all the godDang time. There is a reason we have trials in the first place. They think you're a terrorist, murderer, or drug smuggler? Fine, let them prove it without a reasonable doubt and THEN take them to prison for whatever the appropriate length is.

The fact is if I'm a US citizen on US soil, the government shouldn't have the power to lock me up indefinitely without a trial to be on the safe side. That's just asking for power abuse, and there is no good reason to do it over what we already do, unless they KNOW they don't have enough proof to go to trial, in which case they shouldn't lock anyone up in the first place. This and the fact the definition of "terrorist" becomes vaguer everyday makes this a horrible *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing idea.

Propoganda

Nothing like spending Christmas vacation watching propaganda...

Dang Youtube layout tried to hide it from me.

Re: Propoganda

ProgMetalMan said:

Why would it do that? YouTube is owned by Google, and they really don't want SOPA to pass.

Re: Propoganda

bic said:
ProgMetalMan said:

Why would it do that? YouTube is owned by Google, and they really don't want SOPA to pass.

Actually, it was more of a joke, because when you have multiple subscriptions on the new layout, the videos get buried.

If there's one thing Google is good at it's redesigning their websites to make them more terrible.

Okay, so I keep forgetting to mention this.

I filled out one of the multiple online forms that contacts your representative automatically, and not long ago I actually got a response in the mail. Typical copypasta "We're trying to work out a solution satisfactory to both sides, and your opinion is important to us" kind of letter, but hey, I guess the system works. Sorta. At least someone somewhere read it.

Back