N64sp WIP, useful things start on pg 7.

Re: N64sp WIP

Still waiting for stuff.

I have no idea what I'm going to do for a case.
3827102002_c16c27a192_o.gif
I'm somehow going to frankencase something. I just have to find that something. I wish vacuum-forming made sense to me.

icarus said:
Still waiting for stuff.

I'm somehow going to frankencase something. I just have to find that something. I wish vacuum-forming made sense to me.
Bacteria made an excellent guide.

icarus said:
Still waiting for stuff.

Just use aluminum strips, screwposts, and painted plexiglass. Under $10 at the home depot!

'Nother update.

3837501729_d9b92b24ff_o.jpg

Muy screen and speakers.

3838292916_55aa1e5ab1_o.jpg

2 headphone jacks and push button. I want to try to implement them.

icarus said:
Argelfraster said:

How?
1. Scrape traces
2. solder wires onto traces
3. realize that since you soldered to the traces, you don't need that part of the board anyway
4. discard that part of the board
5. realize that you can do the same thing to the D-pad part, too
6. cut-off d-pad part
7. discard d-pad part
8. admire your tiny controller board
9. ???????
10. PROFIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Tacts suck, although if you do need some you can find them in pretty much any sort of electronic junk.

Or you could get squishy tacts: eBay Digi-Key

Ok thanks, now I have to get some tacts before the contest ends. XD Thanks guys!

I would have replied sooner, but my router is acting up, and won't let the computer in my room connect to the internet.

bacteria said:
Basement_Modder said:
Buy 'em at ratshack. I am using this same controller in my portable, and I got it down to this size:
2n8yhqc.jpg
You want the rows of pins above too and their connections - then you can connect a memory pack / rumble pack to it.
I am not including that port on my portable, and if I was, I would scrape the traces and extend it on kynar wires.

So I think I'm gonna get some of that flux stuff and some tacts if possible. Hopefully will have more progress soon. Have removed the controller and video ports, but not much besides that.

Back