N64sp WIP, useful things start on pg 7.

Re: N64sp WIP

Basement_Modder said:
1.8k-2k ohm and 100uf electrolytic.

On the 100uf electrolytic capacitor, there are 16v and 25v..etc, does it matter which one I use?

Beta said:
Instead of a split like that, (it really is a split) you can just solder the two destinations to the origin. Basically, make a V and not a Y. One less point to solder. This is a bad explaination.

I kind of understand that, but in his diagram the wires split..split again. Would I just solder the wires together?

Sorry for asking so many questions. I just want to get this right. Especially when it comes to ordering the right parts.

Edit: Also, I was thinking of ordering this battery. Do you think it's worth it?

icarus said:
Beta said:
Instead of a split like that, (it really is a split) you can just solder the two destinations to the origin. Basically, make a V and not a Y. One less point to solder. This is a bad explaination.
I kind of understand that, but in his diagram the wires split..split again. Would I just solder the wires together?

No, where it splits again is actuallt just showing the wires overlapping.
If you look closely the wires are two different colors.

Look I highlighted them in Yellow and Purple:
359l9x2.jpg

icarus said:
Basement_Modder said:
1.8k-2k ohm and 100uf electrolytic.

On the 100uf electrolytic capacitor, there are 16v and 25v..etc, does it matter which one I use?

Just use a radioshack 35v one. That's what everyone uses.
icarus said:
Beta said:

Sorry for asking so many questions. I just want to get this right. Especially when it comes to ordering the right parts.

Edit: Also, I was thinking of ordering this battery. Do you think it's worth it?

If you really don't get how to do it Beta's way, just do it the diagram way, and put a little heat shrink tubing at the joint between the wires. Also, that battery would be great. Just open it and separate cells, or your portable will be HUGE.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but Ima leeeeeevin, for the airport.

Basement_Modder said:

Just use a radioshack 35v one. That's what everyone uses.

If you really don't get how to do it Beta's way, just do it the diagram way, and put a little heat shrink tubing at the joint between the wires. Also, that battery would be great. Just open it and separate cells, or your portable will be HUGE.
He could have an external battery, like the hand built psone portable from the book. And, does EVERYBODY really use the radio shack ones? I don't.

Wait, what? He's talking about the 3.3v regulator, not batteries. :/

And I think it's a 10uf capacitor you want, not 100uf.

Mario said:

ok, gtfo, he's talking about the batteries, and it's a 100 Mfd cap.

Mario said:

In the first part of his post he is talking about the 3.3v regulator, but under the second quote he talks about the battery.

And everywhere I have looked so far has said to use a 100uf capacitor

eurddrue said:
Mario said:

you do realize you said that it's a 100 mega farad cap, right?

Okay, I was wrong. Sorry. :p

And I like the flip-up design idea. You should go with it.

eurddrue said:
Mario said:

I was talking about capacitor voltage. :rolleyes:

Basement_Modder said:
Shut the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* up, prick.

eurddrue said:
Basement_Modder said:
So I was the only one that misunderstood you?

Basement_Modder said:
eurddrue said:
Basement_Modder said:
So I was the only one that misunderstood you?
No, but you were the only *censored* that misunderstood me.

I'm so confused. :dah:

Anyways my TI PTH08000 arrived in the mail. Yay for samples! I'm still waiting for other stuff though, including my screen and some items off of dealextreme.

I'll keep you guys posted.

bacteria said:
Stop that right now!

If the two of you have a problem, please resolve via PM's and not flaming here. I will be a mediator if you want! "Respect for members" - remember that phrase??

Or Batman might strike!! :dah:

2m3k9k4.jpg

Be civil please!! ;)

Didn't want to start a flame war, was just pointing out that I misunderstood, as did a few others, what he was trying to say.

bacteria said:
I don't think you did start the flame war at all, Basement_Modder
* :wtf: stares at Eurddrue :wtf: *
:hand: Whats new....

Anyway, Icarus, did you understand what I said about the diagram?

It just shows the wire overlapping.
If you can find a higher quality diagram then you will be able to see that the wires are different colors.

eurddrue said:
AfroLH said:
bacteria said:
I don't think you did start the flame war at all, Basement_Modder
* :wtf: stares at Eurddrue :wtf: *
:hand: Whats new....
You want to get in the middle of this too Sega!?

:lol: I'm just messin dawg

Yeah thats what the last guy said,

guess what happened to him...

I gave him a Hi-Five *Hi-Fives* :rofl:

Back