N64sp WIP, useful things start on pg 7.

Re: N64sp WIP

eurddrue said:
Dang, :hit: You missed my hand.

Just look at my Elbow.

If you look at someones Elbow when hi fiving you never miss. :awesome:

(Oops Off topic, that what happens when you have bad ADD.)

I'm actually not so good with colors.. I've got some form of color blindness. The only good thing was that it had to be put on my driver's license, which gets me a few laughs now and then.

Sorry for the double post, but my screen arrived in the mail today!

I had to try it out, to see if it worked. I ended up playing Super Smash Bros on it for a while. This was my first time seeing a PSone screen in action, so you can imagine how suprised I was at the quality. The only video game screen I have ever seen besides this was an Intec one for the Gamecube. Here's a pic of it..

3750235930_2c7e828659_o.jpg

Yeah this project is going kinda slow. I wish there was a shop right next to my house that had everything I needed for low prices, but that will never happen. Wouldn't have to worry about shipping.

I know, right? :sweat: Radioshack sucks with their prices.

And it's okay to double post on your own worklog. :)

Mario said:
I know, right? :sweat: Radioshack sucks with their prices.

And it's okay to double post on your own worklog. :)

Because if you just edit the last post, then it doesn't bump and nobody can see your work. :p

Yeah, those screens are awesome. Oh, and I remember my fake flame war with AfroLH, that was super awesome, and it spawned a running joke, too. :p (X-BAWKS 360 DA SYZE OF TEH CREDITZ CURD LOLWHUT?!?!)

SS

ShockSlayer said:
Yeah, those screens are awesome. Oh, and I remember my fake flame war with AfroLH, that was super awesome, and it spawned a running joke, too. :p (X-BAWKS 360 DA SYZE OF TEH CREDITZ CURD LOLWHUT?!?!)

SS

What made that 10000000x better was that somebody actually believed me!!!
:awesome:

AfroLH said:
What made that 10000000x better was that somebody actually believed me!!!
:awesome:
would that be haterz, boombox contraptions, palmer, or some other brainless loser? :rofl:

Okay, so I tried signing up for the contest on Benheck. I orignally wasn't going to, but I figured having a deadline might help me actually finish this project sometime soon.

Hmm I've already got 6 pages, I might manage to get 25 pages by the time this is done. :p

Okay, I have one more question. The only thing I haven't aquired yet is a fan. Bacteria's tutorial used one, but I've seen a lot of N64 portables without them. My question is, do I need a fan? Or will it overheat without one?

And I'm thinking I might give up on the GBA SP shaped case. I still want to do that style eventually, but I'm thinking I should gain a little experience and try to chop it down like a winrar for that version. For my first portable, however, I want to keep it as simple as possible. So I'm going to have a normal one instead. I promise you that one day the N64sp will come. :p It just might not be anytime soon.

icarus said:
Okay, I have one more question. The only thing I haven't aquired yet is a fan. Bacteria's tutorial used one, but I've seen a lot of N64 portables without them. My question is, do I need a fan? Or will it overheat without one?

And I'm thinking I might give up on the GBA SP shaped case. I still want to do that style eventually, but I'm thinking I should gain a little experience and try to chop it down like a winrar for that version. For my first portable, however, I want to keep it as simple as possible. So I'm going to have a normal one instead. I promise you that one day the N64sp will come. :p It just might not be anytime soon.
I believe if you don't need a fan, I think most people just use heat sinks.
But then again I have never even opened up my N64 so I could be wrong.

No fan needed, but make sure and heat sink it good, or it will reset due to heat problems. Mine does :cry4: I'll fix it today, though, because imma going home!!!

You know, an N64p could be really thin if you used a sheet of metal for the back side of the portable, and just used that as a heatsink... The mobo could be right up against the case.

Not really, you would have a LOT of surface area, inside and outside the portable. It would only get a little warm. :mrgreen:

You could also use a sheet of copper probably, as it is what most people use for the PS2. My PS2 slim generally gets hotter chips then my N64 so I imagine it'd work...

So I finally got my charger in the mail today, and the stupid ebay seller sent me the wrong one. :rolleyes: I hate my luck. I already swore quite a lot.

Still waiting for the actual battery.

Got the battery. Have a backup N64 on the way that I got for $9.99 shipped on ebay.

However the seller off of ebay who sent me the wrong charger won't answer my messages or emails. Gotta figure out what I'm gonna do about that.

I'm gonna get started eventually. :dahroll:

Back