Minecraft Inventions

Is there such thing as a lockable door mod? It would be useful for certain things.

Anyway, Hillside has been vandalized again, but not too badly. Someone smashed the pop machine in the Hilton and tore the door off the 7-11. I fixed the pop machine and changed the sign on the 7-11. It now reads "0 days since last robbery".

Not until Notch implements keys or updates doors to be more complex blocks.

XCVG said:
Is there such thing as a lockable door mod? It would be useful for certain things.

Anyway, Hillside has been vandalized again, but not too badly. Someone smashed the pop machine in the Hilton and tore the door off the 7-11. I fixed the pop machine and changed the sign on the 7-11. It now reads "0 days since last robbery".
Just make a redstone combination lock with an iron door. Pretty simple circuit, but you'll probably have some problems implementing it in multiplayer.

I've had no problems implementing combination locks in multiplayer. The door might be trouble, though.

The problem is that they are big, ugly, require a lot of resources (for someone like me), and potentially glitchy. Not just something you can slap on. I will admit that they are cool, and I'll build at least one for some purpose or other.

XCVG said:
The problem is that they are big, ugly, require a lot of resources (for someone like me), and potentially glitchy. Not just something you can slap on. I will admit that they are cool, and I'll build at least one for some purpose or other.
They're not TOO big. Resources, it'll take maybe around 150 redstone, glitchy...not so much on single player, and soon to be not on Multiplayer.

If you're concerned about size you can build under. I have two combination locks on one of my single player worlds. One 6 lever, and 1 5 lever. It's about all AND gates and I added a small memory unit that makes it where you have to hit a reset button if you hit the wrong switch.

Back