MichaelThurston's RCube, Portable Gamecube worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.
if your iron is as fat as mine, you'll know that it is pretty Dang impossible to solder with, even on a n64 cart slot.
I would make the top smaller but don't know how :gonk:

Buy a new tip/iron? You may experiment with one of those Radioshack 10$ ones - I've only used that and it's not failed me one time. Fine tips, as well :)

My workshop is going through some major renovations, so the project is on hold until monday, Sorry if thats a problem at all.

No Michael, sorry doesn't cut it. It is a major problem for me, and I find this unacceptable.

What is it, mostly cleaning up?

zeturi said:
No Michael, sorry doesn't cut it. It is a major problem for me, and I find this unacceptable.

What is it, mostly cleaning up?

No, its mostly my jackass friend knocked out and entire wall, and now I have to replace it.

But I decided to also expand it while I was at it, because I was running out of room anyways.

My workshop is completely repaired and ready for new work tomorrow! :awesome:

I am excited, stay tuned! :D

Today(with limited time) I made sure the DD relocation was rock Solid, Picked out a flat Heatsink, and Worked on the Case some more. Pics tomorrow as I have a history project due that will drown me if I do not finish it! :dah:

Today is one of my off days, but I managed to scrape up a few pictures.

2010-02-09181507.jpg

2010-02-09181514.jpg

Guts are offically done. Tomorrow begins the Full force Case making. :D

mako321 said:
METROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIDDDDDD!!!!!
Casework is hard, sand it a lot and use lots of bondo to make it nice. and then spray paint it. and don't use tape in the final design.

Case work started today, I had a problem with the front and had to re-glue everything, but I got the back Ready, it needs to set for a while, then I can sand it down, repeat, sand, repeat, Paint, Sand, Repeat, Paint, etc, etc

2010-02-10163255.jpg

Plus I managed to finish the controller, and the memory card rewiring:

2010-02-10163415.jpg

2010-02-10185515.jpg

2010-02-10185511.jpg

Upside down Pictures for the win! :awesomethursty:

This weekend is going to be hectic for me, Not going to get much done, but what I can, I will. Sorry for that :sweat:

So I bought this reaaaally nice bondo/filler that sets in 10 minutes, and its working extremely well.

Pics when Done.

Calm down, CALM DOWN! DON'T GET A BIG DICK!

:lol:

Anyways, Very Rough, Its all early, But it was very easy to apply and is touch as a friggin rock!

2010-02-13132338.jpg

2010-02-13132331.jpg

2010-02-13132324.jpg

2010-02-13132318.jpg

2010-02-13132303.jpg

Questions? Comments?

Yeah, where'd you get that epoxy? It looks like it works really well. Sorry michael, hard not to liek it. ;)

zeturi said:
Yeah, where'd you get that epoxy? It looks like it works really well. Sorry michael, hard not to liek it. ;)
Lowes, near the paint section, close to the JB weld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back