I need an IC to do something. Suggestions?

Basement_Modder

He who mods in thy basement.
It needs to run on a somewhat low voltage. (3 VDC or approx.)

It must preform the task of outputting voltage on specific pins, based on weather other ones are grounded.

For example: Pin 1 is connected to GND, so pin 6 outputs voltage. Now pin 2 in connected to GND, so pin 7 outputs voltage. I need it for multiple connections, but using more than one IC is fine by me, but I prefer that at least 3 or 4+ pins are available for voltage output.

Anybody have any suggestions?

This just... no. What you're asking really kind of requires the ability to program it to do the tasks that you ask. If you don't mind learning how to do this, go pick up an AVR development kit somewhere.

robm said:
This just... no. What you're asking really kind of requires the ability to program it to do the tasks that you ask. If you don't mind learning how to do this, go pick up an AVR development kit somewhere.
Robm, think of how retarded/simple the logic is.

Sounds like an inverter to me :p

That's completely different, a totally different device.

I'm talking about a logical inverter.
In Boolean Logic, and inverter outputs exactly the inverse (derp) of it's input.

V In, Gnd Out
Gnd In, V out

GET IT?!

They're NEVER made that way.

Google "7400 Series Logic"
You can get single ICs with anywhere from 4 to 16. (Possibly more nowadays)

As others mentioned, the example you're using sounds like an inverter. If you need some specific binary logic separate than the example you gave, I can help you out with that as I'm actually pretty good at designing logic circuits.

As for with your example, I believe a 74HC04 should do what you want. It'll accept a voltage source as low a 2 volts. If you could use higher voltages, a 74LS04 may be more appropriate. The difference is the HC is CMOS while the LS is TTL.

Th 74HC04 will output a high when the input is low, and output a low when the input is a low.

Make sure you get the 74HC04 and not the 74HCT04 or the 74LS04, as those need a higher VCC than you can supply it according to your specifications.

Basement_Modder said:
THAT IS AWESOME!

Do they only have one connection per device?
Hex inverter. - 74LS04
Hex Schmitt inverter - 74HC14

Oh, btw, on that website you have to order a minimum of 5 dollars before they ship. The components are cheap, too. Especially if you went to Radio Shack and tried to buy something. (I was going to buy an IR detector that costs 49 cents or so on the site, it costs about $4.99 at Radio Shack)

That 2nd one looks like it will work perfectly!

To double check- do other people aggree?

I see its a ti product. Free sample? :p

Basement_Modder said:

Don't bother with the Schmitt Trigger. Get the 74HC04.

grossaffe said:
Basement_Modder said:

Don't bother with the Schmitt Trigger. Get the 74HC04.
This.

Also, herp derp Ti Product.

There are lots of places you can get these, trust me.
Google a bit, you'll get away for pennies on the dollar.
Seriously, you can get like 100+ on ebay for $20 - $30.

Back