Forum Suggestion Box

eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
Ok, I like that idea. A forum where all of the sold locked topics go, and one where the deals are still alive.

No. Not what he said. He said just to change the title. We can NOT put the selling and buying ones in the same forum, otherwise you have crap like WTB WTS WTTF WT/S SELLING BUYING T/F etc. that looks like garbage.
Uh, oh, OCD? It never bothered me on benheck, what bothered me more was all of the stupid subforums in the reference section. I liked bacteria's idea, then I improved on it ;)
That's an incredibly rude thing to say. You didn't "improve" on it, especially when others are agreeing that two subforums in the junkyard section are a good idea to stay organized.

You've become rather spammy lately, haven't you?

The problem is, we need more than two, and deals between people are rarely that solid. What would we do with the very common "Wanted to sell/trade list, and things wanted to buy/trade for" threads? ;)

I like the idea of putting a simple description of the item that was sold in last post, with what the deal was in short, then a lock. Stops bumping for no reason, and makes things easy to find.

If it becomes an issue, it will seriously be very easy to implement. Considering no other forums do sub-selling forums that I know of, there must be a reason. ;)

That'll work fine, but people need to be consistent with how they head their posts so it's kept neat and not a pain to browse. Finished deals should definitely be locked too to prevent useless posts.

Bibin said:
That'll work fine, but people need to be consistent with how they head their posts so it's kept neat and not a pain to browse. Finished deals should definitely be locked too to prevent useless posts.

We would need more mods to watch all of the threads in order to see if the deal is done.

IDK who would make a good mod though *COUGH* me *COUGH* :D

AfroLH said:
Bibin said:

We would need more mods to watch all of the threads in order to see if the deal is done.

We have four already, quite enough.

Bibin said:
AfroLH said:
Bibin said:

We have four already, quite enough.

For Now...

Just to be clear, if Mario shows up from his hiatus again, he is next on the list, then DK. ;)

I wonder what a "want to sell" thread would look like? It'd be easier to find what you were looking for, for sure.

PalmerTech said:
Just to be clear, if Mario shows up from his hiatus again, he is next on the list, then DK. ;)
Wait, you guys have a list?! What am I 29th? :lol:

Just kidding. I wouldn't go look for it... :twisted:

can we haz moderator elections? this thread made me think of it. we could have a poll thread every year or something. good mods would be reelected, but we could weed out the bad ones. ;)

A programming section would be nice for the software devs but it probably wouldn't get a lot of action. Like the development center at benheck, it only sees a couple posts every once in a while. Depending on how many people want such a forum, it may or may not be worth making.

Neildo_64 said:
A programming section would be nice for the software devs but it probably wouldn't get a lot of action. Like the development center at benheck, it only sees a couple posts every once in a while. Depending on how many people want such a forum, it may or may not be worth making.

We could just give me a section ;)

samjc3 said:
can we haz moderator elections? this thread made me think of it. we could have a poll thread every year or something. good mods would be reelected, but we could weed out the bad ones. ;)
We discussed this. The consensus was "we already have enough mods." Maybe when we get a bunch more members we'll consider one, but we don't want it to just be a popularity contest, you know? Right now, and in the forseeable future, the forum should be pretty well behaved, there's really not a lot for us to do.

ßeta said:
samjc3 said:
We discussed this. The consensus was "we already have enough mods." Maybe when we get a bunch more members we'll consider one, but we don't want it to just be a popularity contest, you know? Right now, and in the forseeable future, the forum should be pretty well behaved, there's really not a lot for us to do.
well, when (if) we get as big as bh, it would make sense. there would be a set number of spots and each applicant would have to pass preliminaries. :confused:

I suggest that: PM's and links open in new tabs, we're able to embed youtube videos, and that thing that khaag posted on benheck, we should beat them to using it :lol:

About the mod thing, it's based on reputation, not popularity. Trust me, I've spoken with palmertech a lot about it. :lol:

DJ711 said:
Basement_Modder said:
I know that I am one of those who dies. :lol:
Close the casket I'm probably dead in a few months too.

I know this will probably be sigged, but from now on, I will be a good member. I know that I have a tendency to spam, mainly because thats how I talk to my friends, and we're all friends here, right?don't answer that... So, no more flaming/ spam/ posting stupid comments unless appropriate. (ex: Paint shop abominations thread) People, if I ever do this crap again, respond to it with this exact quote to keep me on track, OK? Thanks.

Back