Dreamcast vs. PS2

XCVG

ModRetro Legend
Well, I'm planning on buying a new console soon, and by new I mean NIB. I was originally going to just get a PS2 Slim, but then I thought, hey, what about one of those brand new Dreamcast units? So, I need a bit of help deciding. I don't know much about games for the DC, all that comes to mind is Jet Grind Radio (I think that's what it is), Sonic Adventure, Shenmue, and Crazy Taxi, in that order.

Discuss.

PalmerTech said:
Do not dare buy a new DC and open it. There are so few of those left.

So I'm supposed to buy it and let it sit around for a few years? :p :dah: :dahroll: :sweat: :hand: :wtf: :awesome:

Dreamcast Dreamcast Dreamcast Dreamcast Dreamcast Dreamcast Dreamcast Dreamcast Dreamcast Dreamcast Dreamcast

Jet Set Radio + Chu Chu Rocket + Powerstone + RE: Code Veronica + Countless Other Classics = One of the best consoles ever.

XCVG said:
PalmerTech said:
Do not dare buy a new DC and open it. There are so few of those left.

So I'm supposed to buy it and let it sit around for a few years? :p :dah: :dahroll: :sweat: :hand: :wtf: :awesome:

Yes. It will be worth a flaxload then. Buy a boxed one, buy a used one, then pretend you opened it!

I have two sealed DC controllers, I shall never open them. :awesome:

I looked on ebay and noted two things. First, there are lots of NIB Dreamcasts. Secondly, it doesn't cost much more for a new one.

Maybe I'll make an unboxing video/horror movie for PalmerTech's sake.

DOnt do it. whats the point of getting it nib? got something against used? or, is like 50 bucks worth a couple pieces of plastic? seriously,unless you collect, don't buy a new one just to open it.

It's because new means it works. Recently I've been bummed by broken "working" used hardware. That, and I just want to buy something new, which I haven't done in ages. And it's not $50 more. Factor in shipping and it's $20-30 more.

Maybe you guys will actually get scared by the video. I'm almost definitely getting one now, just to piss you guys off. :p

Hey, I got an unboxed Dreamcast for Christmas. Opened it, played it, just to piss people off.

I have an Old Dreamcast, but im gonna make that my next portable, I like the dreamcast. Im not sure if mine works though :awesome: Havnt played it in SOOOOO long.

you, sir, have posed an impossible query. for, one must get both, or have neither. trying to decide will result in "brain matter expulsatory syndrome", r, in laymans terms, "hed asplode" :awesome:

Meh, I really didnt like the PS2 as much as the dreamcast,

P.S my dreamcast has that really rare port thingy on the back (featured in JDs Rarity of Consoles thread)

My dreamcast raised me through my childhood.

QuickSkop3 said:
Meh, I really didnt like the PS2 as much as the dreamcast,

P.S my dreamcast has that really rare port thingy on the back (featured in JDs Rarity of Consoles thread)

My dreamcast raised me through my childhood.
Are you sure that isn't the 56k modem? If it's an actual Broadband adapter, you are a lucky man.

QuickSkop3 said:
P.S my dreamcast has that really rare port thingy on the back

All dreamcasts have a 56k modem, those are not rare. If you happen to have the broadband adapter, then yes, you are very lucky. Considering they only had distribution in Japan, though, I doubt you have one. ;)

Back