Beats Studio

ToastBucket said:
Well with headphones that large, to be using them with common iPods and mp3 players and the like, you should be using them in conjuncture with a post amp. Most of which have EQ's in them.
A DAC would probably be more useful though.

Mako321 said:
ToastBucket said:
Well with headphones that large, to be using them with common iPods and mp3 players and the like, you should be using them in conjuncture with a post amp. Most of which have EQ's in them.

Well a nice audio interface would be good for use on a computer, but he'd still want an inline analog amp for anything else (iPods and the like).

ToastBucket said:
Mako321 said:
ToastBucket said:

Well a nice audio interface would be useful for use on a computer, but he'd still want an inline analog amp for anything else (iPods and the like).
Yeah, but if he wanted to spend $300 on gear, it'd be best to spend $200-225 on the headphones and most things in that range don't really need an amp to drive properly.

Mako321 said:
Yeah, but if he wanted to spend $300 on gear, it'd be best to spend $200-225 on the headphones and most things in that range don't really need an amp to drive properly.

If he wants to save money and still get some pretty great sound, I would suggest he gets:

-Sennheiser HD280's: $80
-Some portable headphone amp (Don't really know the good models, prolly a Fiio E6 would do): ~$30

This way he has much more flexibility in the output. With headphones that have a flat response, he can alter the EQ beforehand rather than getting locked down by whatever is built in.

My Sennheiser HD280's are driven very well by my 3rd gen iPod classic with no amp. The only purpose for an amp with these headphones would be to change the EQ (built in digital EQ's are crap)

I've been rolling a set of Audio Technica ad700's on my desktop, and a pair of Hifiman re0s with a fiio e6 with my walkman. Both setups are a bit under $100, and are excellent. A bit cold sound signature on both, but I like that.

The Real Hitler said:
Beats are not good.
NO *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING flax
The Real Hitler said:
You need Soul from ludacris
I'm willing to bet it's the same deal- flax with a famous name on it.

Also, your username and avatar might not last long, they're quite offensive.

Prog, stop being dumb and responding to an obvious troll post.

Also, nothing wrong with his avatar/name.

ProgMetalMan said:
Also, your username and avatar might not last long, they're quite offensive.
It seems to not be offensive to any members here, otherwise they would have said something about it by now.

could be offensive to people actually from Germany as that country has really tried to forget he and NAZIs ever existed.

SonyQrio said:
By the way, I actually :trollface:'d you all and got the Beats anyway. Loving them.
Well, somebody has to keep the masters of the $100 HDMI cable in business.

Back