Beats Studio

If you're wanting headphones that you'd use with any gaming, maybe look at Steelseries.

If you decide you don't need noise cancellation and want cheaper headphones, get Koss Porta Pros.

Really, anything Koss or Sennheiser is a good place to start.

nterror said:
If you're wanting headphones that you'd use with any gaming, maybe look at Steelseries.

If you decide you don't need noise cancellation and want cheaper headphones, get Koss Porta Pros.

Really, anything Koss or Sennheiser is a good place to start.
sEnlE.png

We're a 12 year old aspie gaming forum, aren't we?

Thankyou Mako, that post sums up better than words 90% of people who buy headphones for 'games'

Seriously, go any audio/visual outlet, pick up a nice pair of Senn's or any other respectable brand, stay away from flaxty GAYMING/VIRTUAL 5.1 headphones and you'll be fine.

Beats are overpriced pieces of flax by some no-mark rapper who wasn't that good in 1992.

For $300 dollars, closed back headphones I'd advise would be:

Beyerdynamic T50P- Smallish set which are great if you wear them out and about
AKG K550- Rather big, though light enough to be comfortable.
V-Moda M-80- Sound great though the styling might not be for everyone.

if you really want sound isolation, you'll want a proper set of iems/earphones:

Grado GR8/10- Amazing earphones by a little US company. Saving up for the GR10s at the moment.
Shure SE 535- One of the staples of high end earbuds. The cables are replaceable too so they're easy to fix .
Sennheiser iE80- If you like bass then these are the earphones for you. You can even tweak the bass levels by screwing/unscrewing a doodah on them.

Edit: If you're a proper ModRetroer, have a read through this thread and knock up some custom moulded iems http://www.head-fi.org/t/430688/home-made-iems

DK  said:
For $300 dollars, closed back headphones I'd advise would be:

Beyerdynamic T50P- Smallish set which are great if you wear them out and about

Edit: If you're a proper ModRetroer, have a read through this thread and knock up some custom moulded iems http://www.head-fi.org/t/430688/home-made-iems
Oh god yes, get T50Ps.
People mod the Heck out of those and they're huuuuuuuuge bang for the buck.
For closed headphones, at least.

Kickback said:
Beats are overpriced pieces of flax by some no-mark rapper who wasn't that good in 1992.
Whoa, The Chronic was pretty good, even if Snoop Dogg deserves a lot of the credit for it.

Listened to it recently? It's dated really badly and sounds nowhere near as good as something like Doggystyle.

Yeah, of course Doggystyle is the better of the two, but I wouldn't say that The Chronic wasn't good.

I'd say it's not bad, Dr. Dre isn't really that good of a rapper, but it does contain some nice production.

Yeah, I'd have to agree that he's really a producer and not a rapper. Thank god that Snoop was there.

None of ya'll Jolly African Americans know flax.

LM386 with a 8Ohm radioshack speaker is where it's at.

You can't beat the sweet sound of success.

SS

ShockSlayer said:

SS

I would call myself an amateur producer. I have worked with both freelance, hobbyist, and professional producers (one of which is an emmy winning, Kelly Clarkson producing Italian guy). I have 4 years of live audio experience and 1 year of studio experience. I have co-produced 2 albums.

Beats are flax. All models.

I use Sennheiser HD280's. They have excellent frequency response and are dirt cheap for what you get out of them. They don't have noise cancellation as they're aimed at recording, but when I use them for leisurely listening, I honestly can't hear flax. I've listened on a train. I've listened on a plane. Haven't tried your house yet, though. On a mouse is next.

Have a good day.

ToastBucket said:
I would call myself an amateur producer. I have worked with both freelance, hobbyist, and professional producers (one of which is an emmy winning, Kelly Clarkson producing Italian guy). I have 4 years of live audio experience and 1 year of studio experience. I have co-produced 2 albums.

Now you know that I know more than you when it comes to audio.

Beats are flax. All models.

I use Sennheiser HD280's. They have excellent frequency response and are dirt cheap for what you get out of them. They don't have noise cancellation as they're aimed at recording, but when I use them for leisurely listening, I honestly can't hear flax. I've listened on a train. I've listened on a plane. Haven't tried your house yet, though. On a mouse is next.

Have a good day.
Yeah, but flat frequency response is mostly useful with audio production. While some people would prefer flat frequency response, a lot of people like coloured sound more than not, with more emphasis (for example)on highs or bass and making the types of music they listen to shine.

Well with headphones that large, to be using them with common iPods and mp3 players and the like, you should be using them in conjuncture with a post amp. Most of which have EQ's in them.

SonyQrio said:
ShockSlayer said:

SS

I like how your only response to everyone in this thread is just this quote.

Zero said:
SonyQrio said:
ShockSlayer said:

SS
I like how your only response to everyone in this thread is just this quote.
That's what he ended up going with. :mrgreen:

Back