ALHDCLTOAN (AfroLH's DreamCast LapTop Of AwesomeNess)

Re: DC Laptop W.I.P.

It seems that most of the Dreamcast projects get abandoned part way through. I'm looking forward to seeing some finished. Good luck with your laptop and take lots of pictures for us. ;)

Neildo_64 said:
It seems that most of the Dreamcast projects get abandoned part way through. I'm looking forward to seeing some finished. Good luck with your laptop and take lots of pictures for us. ;)

How many DCp's have actually been completed? I only found 2.

Also- any progress, afro?

Basement_Modder said:
Neildo_64 said:

How many DCp's have actually been completed? I only found 2.

Also- any progress, afro?
At least 4:
Hailraizer's
Hackmodford's
the "dream tablet"
Dkap01
OMGOMGOMG I forgot
Technott's (sp?)
sonic4freedom
segasonicfan

themadhacker said:
Sonic4freedom made one.
Yes! And what about segasonicfan? Did he ever finish his? I remember some old posts where he mentioned starting one.

@ Drue.

He completed one. It didn't look so hot so he started another DCP. I do not know if his other one was completed or not.

Progress = None...

I've been in Alabama at the Beach babe-watching (if only they would watch back :cry: )

Sad News....

This is being thrown into the "Not Anytime Soon" box.

I am instead working on an SNESp.
I have all the parts except a Retro Duo.

Laptops are really hard to find cases for.
Also really hard to make cases for.

Once I get a little more experience in Casework, This will be completed...

Meh, bummer. At least you are making a SNES portable! You should try making a Retro Duo portable, with the NES part.

i have one thing to say:
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :gonk: :gonk: :wtf2: :huh: :sad: :sad: :omg: :eek: :confused2:

Oh, c'mon, it's not so hard. PLEASE DON'T ADD THIS TO THE ABANDONED DREAMCAST PROJECTS PILE! :crying:

But seriously, just get some engraving plastic, make aluminum walls for it. Make 2 boxes of the same size (one top, one bottom.) Get some mccaster hinges, and viola! You have a case. Now to fill it...

Basement_Modder said:
Oh, c'mon, it's not so hard. PLEASE DON'T ADD THIS TO THE ABANDONED DREAMCAST PROJECTS PILE! :crying:

But seriously, just get some engraving plastic, make aluminum walls for it. Make 2 boxes of the same size (one top, one bottom.) Get some mccaster hinges, and viola! You have a case. Now to fill it...

Well, Its not just the casing.
I have already fried my first Dreamcast and I still have to find a decent screen at a good price...

It will get done, just not yet.

Well, as long as it gets done someday. :p

I was looking forward to a new DC project, though. :(

Hey, I may attempt one with a 7" widescreen after my N64p, instead of going straight to a SNESp.

as far as screens go, what are you looking for? i might have something you could use. :thumb:

samjc3 said:
as far as screens go, what are you looking for? i might have something you could use. :thumb:

7"-9" Screen that is (preferably) not widescreen, with a small board.

AfroLH said:
samjc3 said:

hmm. i might have 10 or 12 inch 4::3: one. its insanely thin, and the board must be damned small. I'll see what i can find out. :thumb:

samjc3 said:
AfroLH said:
samjc3 said:

hmm. i might have 10 or 12 inch 4::3: one. its insanely thin, and the board must be damned small. I'll see what i can find out. :thumb:
:thumb:

Oh yeah, and I am on a very small budget. :crying:

Back