Ads: Where do YOU want them?

PalmerTech

Founder of Modretro
Staff member
In the past 4 days, the forums have made $8.56 so far in ad revenue, using that one little ad at the top of the page! :p

Here is the deal: jleemero helped me install a PHPBB ad manager mod, and while it seems to work, only the top ad is working, which bugs me... I am operating under the assumption I can figure it out, since our install is otherwise stock.

Now, I can manage the number of ads, which forums they show up in, and who they are shown to (I could make it so members do not see any ads). I would like some feedback on where you think the ads should be, and how many should be shown to members/non members!

It would look nicer if they were flush with the forum and not look like they were artificially pasted on the top and bottom.

But in other words, they're fine. The top ad is intermittent though, sometimes it appears, sometimes it does not. Adblock is disabled (everyone who reads this should do it too!) for this forum.

**EDIT: Lol, I just saw some ads for "Jordan Shoes" worded as if they are posted by a spambot. :lol:

**EDIT: Cheap WOW Gold! :dah:

Top and bottom, that's where ads are generally placed because that's where they are the least annoying. So basically leave it the way it is. It would be nice if the ads were centered but I think that's just my computer.

you can fit 2 at the bottom and top. that's fur, but i'm not sure how people would like it. Or, you could some in the space between messeges, faq, search etc.

Yoshilime M.R. said:
you can fit 2 at the bottom and top. that's fur, but i'm not sure how people would like it. Or, you could some in the space between messeges, faq, search etc.
no, i do not want them between messages. I want them in a place where they are out of the way and not thrust into your view. top and bottom are fine 'cause you can still see them but they don't interrupt your reading of the forums.

Friendly Fires have a debut album out on XL Recordings apparently.

So go buy it, it's classic lol.

The ads in the current location are fine. They don't cause too much mess.

top and bottom are ok, but you might want to center them, and I would much prefer the ad on the top below the banner, instead of above it. It being on top is bothering me.

nevermind1534 said:
top and bottom are ok, but you might want to center them, and I would much prefer the ad on the top below the banner, instead of above it. It being on top is bothering me.
It was there at first.

nevermind1534 said:

This. Please.

Back