2DS in DS phat recasing?

SNEAKxxATTACK

Have you guys seen this atrocity? I think a recasing is definitely in order here.

So here's what I am thinking:
Screens are obviously not the same size. There will definitely be some button relocation. I won't be using cameras so they can go and may be sold for parts on ebay. Needs an extra button for "home" button.
I think I'll mod the 3ds charger to have the DS phat port unless 5.2V from the ds phat charger is close enough to the 4.7V from the 3DS charger to be safe to use. I know 5V is for sure good enough as that is what USB uses and I have a USB charger for the 3DS.

2ds-610x486.jpg

dsphat-thumb.jpg

This is all just speculation. I want to finish my GCP before this happens. I would also like to hear some of your ideas and if you guys have plans on doing this as well.

If wrong section, please move, but this did seem like the correct spot

Think the hardest part will be the hinges as the 2DS probably has shorter and less flexible cables. The 2DS might not boot without everything connected, and you didn't mention any plan for the circle pad.

WatsuG said:
Think the hardest part will be the hinges as the 2DS probably has shorter and less flexible cables. The 2DS might not boot without everything connected, and you didn't mention any plan for the circle pad.

Right, and the shape of the board, probably taller, yeah the circle pad should be easy as a circle cut is not too bad.

Wont work. Unless you find some way to fold LCD screens.

2DS uses one large LCD.

Why the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* would they bother putting a bezel on then? Just outline the whole screen, and have software for you.

Also, Mono speakers? What is this? The early 90's?

Back