12v sound relocation

gman

Can someone explain to me why after I trim a gamecube, and don't relocate the 12v sound spot, the audio still works fine?

I've only tried it on 2 gamecubes and both worked. One was an ntsc omgwtf gamecube. The other a pal maximum trim (It's more like an almostwtf but I cut around the original dd pins so i could wire to there). I wired audio from the chip that's next to the big video chip.

gman said:
I wired audio from the chip that's next to the big video chip.

The pre-amp? You're probably not wiring to the outputs. Rather the inputs from the "big video chip". If you've cut the 12v trace, you definitely won't get sound from the outputs of the pre-amp.

The gamecube is running off of batteries and 7.4v is not connected to the sound cap. Audio sounds fine.

I wired it here
30.png

I also have another question. My pal gc has a wiikey fusion installed. All the games on the sd card are ntsc some of them will load and pay and others will give a black screen? Is this normal and I just need pal games?

Those pins on the amp chip are the same as the one on the av chip. So actually you are not using the preamp (which certainly doesn t work).
For the wkf issues, i think you need pal games, but im not sure.

Does anyone know where to get pal isos? I can't seem to find super mario sunshine cause I need to test my long/short presses.

gman said:
The gamecube is running off of batteries and 7.4v is not connected to the sound cap. Audio sounds fine.

I wired it here
30.png

Those are inputs from the AV chip. You're not actually using the pre-amp wiring there. Pins 7 and 14 are the outputs.

Back