Which one of these batteries woud you recommend? (or others)

Hello!

I've got these 2 batteries at home right now:

20101122001.jpg

Top one: 14.8V 5700mAh Li-Po RC pack, thickness: 25mm

Bottom: 12V 6800mAh Li-Ion CCTV pack, thickness: 20mm

Which one would be the best for a portable?
If I go with the Li-Po, I would need a PCB protecting it from overdischarge, right? Been looking at this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Protection-Circuit- ... 335df95c4d
What do you think about that?

Also, I'm quite suspicious about the other pack.
I've been examining it and I think it consists of 6 cells wired in series of 3 giving it 11.1 volts (voltage range 10,8-12,6V), or just 3 cells in series.
Is is possible for a Li-Ion cell with the dimensions of 50x45x7 mm to house 3400mAh, or 100x45x7 mm to house 6800, when the larger Li-Po only has a total of 5700?
I have'nt had the time or equipment to test how long it lasts.

If someone know of any other good batteries, I would highly appreciate your suggestions :)

/Albert

Re: Which one of these batteries woud you recommend? (or oth

Bottom 12v 6800mAh battery is better for a portable by far - thinner, better voltage, and more capacity. You'll still need the correct charger.

Snipeye said:
Bottom 12v 6800mAh battery is better for a portable by far - thinner, better voltage, and more capacity. You'll still need the correct charger.

Yes, but I'm still wondering if it actually can hold that many Ah's in such a small package. If it can I'm not complaining! :p
I'm currently testing it with my Wii.
It came with a charger, so if it will last long enough it will be much cheaper for me. I could probably even sell the Li-Po with a profit :D

I kinda suspected that. After 40 min powering the Wii in the system menu the voltage had dropped to 10.5 :evil2:
too good to be true...
well, I'll try to get a refund for that.

Guess I'll have to with for the Li-Po then, which has a lot more realsitic power/size ratio I think.
thanks for the link btw!

Back