We kan haz new rule now? Yes. Yes we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldewindmill said:
If people want their lolcat fix, why not create a board, devoted to randomness, which is filled with threads that have nothing to do with anything, and do not effect post count?
Non-modding stuff could be discussed in there as well, you know, movies, videogames in general, that kind of crap.
Would not, in theory, the creation of a venue devoted to the attraction of off-topic, heathenistic postings, purify the rest of the forums for the surety of enjoyment by more mature Modretro users?
But then again, the problem is, in all likelihood, not drastic enough to warrant such a measure. But if it ever nears that point, that would be the course of action that I would deem most recommendable.
and if said board EVER gets created, IT'S NAME SHOULD BE "THE CESSPOOL". :awesome:

Don't encourage them.

Oldewindmill said:
If people want their lolcat fix, why not create a board, devoted to randomness, which is filled with threads that have nothing to do with anything, and do not effect post count?
Non-modding stuff could be discussed in there as well, you know, movies, videogames in general, that kind of crap.
Would not, in theory, the creation of a venue devoted to the attraction of off-topic, heathenistic postings, purify the rest of the forums for the surety of enjoyment by more mature Modretro users?
But then again, the problem is, in all likelihood, not drastic enough to warrant such a measure. But if it ever nears that point, that would be the course of action that I would deem most recommendable.
and if said board EVER gets created, IT'S NAME SHOULD BE "THE CESSPOOL". :awesome:
How about NO? Such a board is a complete 180 from the change that this new rule is trying to accomplish. If anyone wants to go post in a cesspool, they can look elsewhere. The board would eventually spill over into every other board, and I don't want MR to turn into a forum replete with immature spam. It's hard enough to escape a majority of the filth on the internet as it is already.
Personally, I think the awesomeface smilies should go away, but I won't argue for it. I know how much some people here like them.

Jewjo said:
Personally, I think the awesomeface smilies should go away, but I won't argue for it. I know how much some people here like them.
GET OUT. FOREVER. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE ANYMORE :awesome:

samjc3 said:
Jewjo said:
GET OUT. FOREVER. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE ANYMORE :awesome:
QTF

Jewjo said:

That sounds like treason to me.

Jewjo said:
How about NO? Such a board is a complete 180 from the change that this new rule is trying to accomplish. If anyone wants to go post in a cesspool, they can look elsewhere. The board would eventually spill over into every other board, and I don't want MR to turn into a forum replete with immature spam. It's hard enough to escape a majority of the filth on the internet as it is already.
βeta said:
Don't encourage them.

You know, I WAS joking. :rolleyes:
sorry, I have a tendency to be too deadpan for my own good.

New rules are always the mostm tempting to break

Jewjo said:
I agree, sorta.

Lol. I can has 3 day ban?

I don't normally speak like a lolcat, but seriously is this really a problem? Can't have a modding forum restricting my right to free speech and the right to incorrect grammar usage.

Bogus rule.

Goose said:
I don't normally speak like a lolcat, but seriously is this really a problem? Can't have a modding forum restricting my right to free speech and the right to incorrect grammar usage.

Bogus rule.

See that's where you're wrong. A forum is privately owned. You have no rights here, because when you signed up you agreed to abide by the rules of the forum.

Don't like the rules don't sign up or go away. No "rights" here. :rolleyes:

hailrazer said:
A forum is privately owned. You have no rights here, because when you signed up you agreed to abide by the rules of the forum.

Don't like the rules don't sign up or go away. No "rights" here. :rolleyes:

Hailrazer is right. Like, very right.

This topic serves only a purpose of conveying info, not a discussion.

Topic Ended.

SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back