Wasp Fusion + DVD Drive Questions

Hello,

I've tried to read up on this, but what is the current method of installing a Wasp/WiiKey chip and keeping the DVD drive functioning? The info I have found has left me quite confused and most of it seems pretty old

Is XenoFusion firmware on a XenoGC still required?
Can the DVD drive just connect to the Wasp?
Sounds like I would want a Megadrive v5 for a non-portable install, is this correct?

A follow up to this question to anyone who answers. I'm doing the same thing installing a wasp fusion but its a portable build and i don't want to install a dvd to i just want the wasp installed do i need a wode for this? And why are the instructions so unclear? I wish it would be wire this pin to that pin. Also Djc sorry for not answering you're question.

Hello,

I've tried to read up on this, but what is the current method of installing a Wasp/WiiKey chip and keeping the DVD drive functioning? The info I have found has left me quite confused and most of it seems pretty old

Is XenoFusion firmware on a XenoGC still required?
Can the DVD drive just connect to the Wasp?
Sounds like I would want a Megadrive v5 for a non-portable install, is this correct?
Have you seen other people keep the dvd drive functionality? I dont think you can from what I have seen.

A follow up to this question to anyone who answers. I'm doing the same thing installing a wasp fusion but its a portable build and i don't want to install a dvd to i just want the wasp installed do i need a wode for this? And why are the instructions so unclear? I wish it would be wire this pin to that pin. Also Djc sorry for not answering you're question.
Their is two things you can do. One: seperate the ribbon cable coming from the wasp and use this wiring guide http://forums.modretro.com/index.ph...gital-av-portable-friendly.14975/#post-171367 Two: wait for badassconsoles to release more Megadrives, he said in May that he would get more stock in a week (its been 2 months without more, so i made my own)

I have wired a GameCube disc drive to my Wiikey Fusion (same as the Wasp Fusion) and it does work. The disc drive can still be used to play retail discs normally, but I'm not sure about playing multi-disc games. As mentioned, without the Megadrive, you need to solder about 20 wires to the Wasp's 32-pin FFC connector and to the disc drive connector.

I have wired a GameCube disc drive to my Wiikey Fusion (same as the Wasp Fusion) and it does work. The disc drive can still be used to play retail discs normally, but I'm not sure about playing multi-disc games. As mentioned, without the Megadrive, you need to solder about 20 wires to the Wasp's 32-pin FFC connector and to the disc drive connector.
Thanks for the info. Ever since the wii and bit built I have been trying to help the few remaining gamecube noobs but I'm kinda a noob myself :p

Does swiss boot the retail games directly? Why is there so much info out there saying you can't have the DVD drive? Was this a recent development?

It's not recent. I think it's always worked with Swiss, but maybe it didn't work before Swiss. I think I have tried to boot discs in Swiss and it did not work. The reason is probably because the disc drive does not work when you boot the GameCube with the SD card inserted, since it uses the SD card as a "disc". It might work if you connect a normally closed switch to pin 29, enter Swiss, remove the SD card, and press the switch to simulate eject.

Back