Wasp Fusion Help!

I don't have any pics but maybe someone can help me without them right now... so i bought a wasp fusion and a megadrive v5 from badassconsoles.com. i then followed an install tutorial on how to solder the megadrive v5 to the gamecube so that i could plug in the wasp fusion and not need the disk drive. Well when i turn on the gamecube the error pops up saying there is a problem with the gamecube. normally this error only pops up if you don't have the disk drive hooked up ( which i don't) but the wasp fusion and the megadrive should replace the disk drive so that error shouldnt be poping up. BUT when i first got my wasp fusion i tried to hook it up just by soldering each individual pin to the gamecube and the wasp mod-chip smoked a little so i may have fried my mod-chip. so basically my question is. Is the error popping up on my gamecube because my wasp fusion is broken, or is it because i might not have something soldered on my megadrive v5 right...? i just would like to know what could be wrong before i go disconnecting stuff. but i need to get that error to go away or i can't do anything with my gamecube.

pics in case you don't know what they are:
wasp fusion pic : http://www.modnet.no/images/detailed/2/wasp_wii.jpg
megadrive v5 pic : http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-c7bpm05/p ... 80.jpg?c=2

Update: my mega drive seems to be fine but I do not have an sd card in the slot and I hope that that is what the error is from. Another question is what do I turn the region switch to i am in the U.S. In Oregon. And what is Swiss and do I need it on the ad card?

Everything on the mega drive seems to be/look ok. But I do not have a ad card in the slot. Could that be it? And what kind/type of ad card should I use. I have one that can be used for a camera/video player. Will that work?

I am a little new to this so I don't really know 100% on what I amp I got lol. But I wanna try. When I bought the wasp fusion I thought the GameCube would see the mod chip kinda like a game/disk and it would run it, and all I needed was an ad card that had games on it so I could run the games on the mod chip. If that is not the case then what do I need to do. Do I need to put any software other than just games on my ad card . And the wasp fusion I was told has Swiss built into it/ on it, I don't really know what Swiss is but. I am sure it is important lol.

And for the region switch I am in the U.S. In Oregon. What should I turn the region switch to. Right now it is on what it was when I got it which is 2,1,1,1

Back