Thursty's "NintenTron 64" Commission.

Thursty

SS's Preferred Refreshment
Hey MR, looks like I'm building another N64p. Thought that wouldn't happen for a while.

Anyways, onto the specs. This isn't your normal run-of-the-mill N64p. It will not be handheld; well, the N64 will not be anyways.

My good friend Nathan Barnatt(Also known as Keith Apicary, Trale Lewous, and Ray Amsley) Has asked me to build him an N64p. If you remember around this time last year, Another User of ours posted a link to a video which showed off the Gamecube portable he made for Nathan, remember? The one that strapped on to his belt? Yeah, that one. Anyways, in similar fashion, he wants me to construct him an N64p which straps onto his chest like a Lazar tag Chest piece, with the controller containing a 5" Screen, and speakers.

Specs:
Completely un modified N64, with a chest strap.
12Ah 7.4v LiPos for maximum Lasting time.
9 pin DIN connector for cnt Data, 3.3v, 7.4v, gnd, comp, r aud, l aud, and gnd, for the Player 1 connector.
Custom franken cased N64 controller that houses all normal controls plus a 5" Zenith screen, and 2 speakers+Headphone jack.

Basically I'm replacing the first player controller port with a 9-pin DIN connector, commonly found on Sega Genesis model 1s, and master system model 1s.

Here is an early sketch I made.

N64K_1.png

More info and images coming soon.

Re: Thursty's uhhh, 5th N64p? 6th? Anyways yeah. Commission.

:awesomethursty:! Looks good so far.

- mymixed

I think this is stupid, but I can totally see where this guy is coming from, wanting this.

Just trying to be encouraging. Maybe he'll make the first good try-wing n64p. I got my d back. :D

- mymixed

If this is your 6th, how come I've only seen the Thursty64 and the Abstract64?

Argelfraster said:
If this is your 6th, how come I've only seen the Thursty64 and the Abstract64?
My Original N64p made from an NES casing, My first zn-40 N64p(no worklog), Abstract 64, Commission for someone on benheck(no worklog), Thursty 64, and then this one. 5.

Nobody remembered my first because it was such a POS

EDIT: here. http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php ... 83&start=0

I kind of like this idea. Good luck, and so far the plans seem to be awwwrite.

How long do you expect this will take you?

I remember Thursty's first N64p because, I remember looking at it and thinking, "Heh, I bet that'd actually be very comfortable to hold."

Mind you, I loved the original Duke controller for the Xbox.
So, ...

jleemero said:
I remember Thursty's first N64p because, I remember looking at it and thinking, "Heh, I bet that'd actually be very comfortable to hold."

So, ...
I much preferred that controller to others. Mostly because I have large hands, but it really just felt better.

I actually remember that thread. I read it like so:

thursty said:
Hi my name is thursty xD I am building a portable xD xD xD so yup xD xD here it is: <pic> cool, right? xD sry for eyetoy pics xD.

jleemero said:

So, ...

It actually was VERY comfortable. but thats about all it had going for it.

Hermaphroditus said:
I kind of like this idea. Good luck, and so far the plans seem to be awwwrite.

How long do you expect this will take you?

Still planning right now, and I start as soon as he pays on in the beginning of February.

Basement_Modder said:
I actually remember that thread. I read it like so:

thursty said:
Hi my name is thursty xD I am building a portable xD xD xD so yup xD xD here it is: <pic> cool, right? xD sry for eyetoy pics xD.

Holy *Can'tSayThisOnTV* yeah I used to typed that a lot.

Thursty makes lots of N64ps like ShockSlayer. :awesomethursty: :ssawesome:

Can't wait to see it, I don't like the design but if it's light enough and small enough it should work out playable.

SS

Okay so I have a very minor update, I'm about to get started on production, and he finally told me how he wants the N64..

"I want it to be like tron, futuristic, and I want to have it say N74, as if it's some rare lost system."

so I drew this up in like 5 minutes, and thats exactly what he wants.

179308_1850554862654_1204202600_32180773_1636174_n.jpg

Tron EL wire. :stare: Keep in mind this thing is going to be strapped to his chest.

Seems different. Still, looking forward to it. And to what he's going to be doing with it.

God, that guy has no taste at all.

Please keep in mind you're talking about this man:
24799_1395925577206_1204202600_31163000_2524250_n.jpg

He's already planning ideas for a Dreamcast portable after you get this one built.

Hermaphroditus said:
He's already planning ideas for a Dreamcast portable after you get this one built.
Yep, and hopefully he'll be going through me. He mentioned the DCp when we were first talking, but we're focusing on the N64p right now, so I'm not sure if he's found someone else for that or not.

What is it with this guy and buying portables that have the console strapped on your torso? :/

Back