The thread of music, be it modded, retro, or normal.

I had school the next day and my parents were pissed about one of my grades. I'm going to see Earl on 26 July though. Should be pretty sweet.

Yeah man. Luckily I have a car now and I'll be able to drive myself to the concert with Earl. I'm going with one of my friends.

The Star*Can'tSayThisOnTV*er/Wampire show was freakin' amazing.

The short version:

Right after I arrived at the venue, I got to meet Wampire since they were just chillin' before the show and working at the merchandise counter. They were super nice! I got to thank them for introducing me to Kraftwerk as well. They were selling CDs so I grabbed a copy of Star*Can'tSayThisOnTV*er's first album, since I still didn't legally own it until then and I wanted a concert souvenir -- in addition to Wampire's autographs!

Another musician called Feelings opened the show, and though I'd never heard of him until a few days before the show, he was pretty cool. Weird dude, but cool sound. Then Wampire played and they performed the entirety of "Curiosity," which was killer, and then Rocky Tinder made a show of breaking all the strings on his guitar when they were done.

Then came Star*Can'tSayThisOnTV*er. They were a half hour late, but they stayed and played an extra half hour to make up for it, and it was a Heck of a show. Even better than I imagined! People in animal and astronaut costumes, Gumby, and a guy in one of those latex horse heads, plus Wampire, were all dancing on the stage and crowdsurfing toward the end of their set. They also dropped a bunch of balloons from the ceiling! A friend of mine had come to the show too, and he said he'd never seen so many people dancing at a concert before -- and he'd seen the Flaming Lips live. After they left the stage, the crowd started chanting for "ONE MORE SONG, ONE MORE SONG!" They actually came back out, the crowd went nuts, and they geared up and played not just one more song, but four.

After the show my sister and I got to chill with Wampire for a while, Rocky wished me luck on my EMT career, and I ended up getting a free poster autographed by both members! And to top it all off, Star*Can'tSayThisOnTV*er was just hanging out after the show, so I was able to meet them all, shake their hands, tell them how awesome their show was and how much I love their music, and they all signed the CD I'd just bought! They were all really nice guys too. Josh Hodges took the opportunity to draw on my CD, as well, before he said something like "oh yeah, I should probably sign this" and put his name on it, and he was very appreciative of the fact I enjoyed their music so much and was so psyched to see them live. And then on the way out I ran into the bassist Wampire brought with them and he drew on my poster as well! I was nearly skipping through downtown Reno back to my car, and even though it happened Tuesday night I'm still totally riding the high of getting to meet one of my favorite bands ever as well as getting to chill with Wampire. That night could not have gone better. Those $20 tickets were the best birthday present ever.

Here's an imgur album of pictures from the show.

And some videos I took.

Re: Re: The thread of music, be it modded, retro, or normal.

Kickback said:
Kanye West's new album leaked.

It's *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing insane.
oflax. I'm going to have to download that.

I've been listening to a lot of Emo and Screamo recently. Here are some of my recent favorites:

Got bored and made this neat top 50 chart. Feel free to judge me.

You can make your own on topsters.de, but AT&T users, like myself, have to use a proxy for some reason.

Just got some new vinyl in the mail:
Suis la Lune - Riala
Active Child - You Are All I See
Burial - Burial
Everyone Everywhere - Everyone Everywhere
Beau Navire - Lumens

Also mistakenly ordered Castevet's Summer Fences on CD thinking it was vinyl. Oh well. My want list is forever growing.

Kind of related but I might be getting a ukulele for Christmas/buying one with Christmas monies. If I do anything cool I'll definitely post it here.

cba with charts but i should probably join in, although this isn't a best of 2013 cos i don't bother listening to indie/'intelligent' music at all anymore.

Disappointing flax: Drake - Nothing Was The Same, Jay Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail, The Weeknd - Kiss Land, J. Cole - Born Sinner

HM: PARTYNEXTDOOR - Self Titled, Action Bronson - Saaab Stories, Run The Jewels - Self Titled, 2 Chainz - B.O.A.T.S II #MeTime (srs), Lorde - Pure Heroine, Justin Timberlake - 20/20 Experience Part 1, Mac Miller - Watching Movies With The Sound Off

10. Mac Miller - Watching Movies With The Sound Off Danny Brown - Old
9. Chance The Rapper - Acid Rap
8. A$AP Ferg - Trap Lord
7. Charli XCX - True Romance
6. Pusha T - My Name Is My Name
5. Childish Gambino - Because The Internet
4. A$AP Rocky - Live.Long.A$AP
3. Sky Ferreira - Night Time, My Time
2. Janelle Monae - The Electric Lady
1. Kanye West - Yeezus

herewego

Also picked these up today.

Quasimoto album came with a 7" inside and the Quas is actually a removable sticker. I also ordered my Neutral Milk Hotel ticket today for the 27 March show in Indy. Today was a good day.

Kickback said:
Disappointing flax: Drake - Nothing Was The Same, Jay Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail, The Weeknd - Kiss Land, J. Cole - Born Sinner

Never cared for Drake at all, but just going off the singles I've heard off Nothing was the Same, it seems better than a few of his older singles for sure (a lot less actual rap though); except Started from the Bottom, I can't understand why people like that song.

Also, I'd agree that Born Sinner wasn't as good as J. Cole's last album, but I don't know if I'd call it disappointing. I thought it was pretty decent.

Back