The thread of music, be it modded, retro, or normal.

Anyone got a chance to listen to the new Daft Punk? I literally have it downloading as I type. I'll report back once I get a chance to give it a listen.

I heard it isn't as good as Discovery, I prefer Homework to that album too tbh.

Daft Punk could contend for AOTY, but with The Weeknd dropping an album this year, i dunno just yet.

It's really really meh. The singles are good, but other than that, it's really boring and samey. And I mean, that's what they were going for (trying to emulate disco and basically make a parody-like thing on disco) but it's still pretty boring.

In other news, I picked up two of my favorite albums of all time on CD today (The Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse and Segaes Brew by Miles Davis)

BsHGhkI.jpg

So these guys are playing with Star*Can'tSayThisOnTV*er at a show I'm going to in June.

I like 'em. I preordered their album (on vinyl, naturally) and it ended up being quite good. They have kind of a Star*Can'tSayThisOnTV*er-ish vibe to them, though with less emphasis on the electronic aspect. Kind of an 80s feel, too. Cool stuff.

I also bought the limited-edition 45 they put out, which has a Kraftwerk cover on the B-side, and since I'd been curious about Kraftwerk for some time anyway I decided to check them out too. I'm addicted now.

of Montreal's "Hissing Fauna" is making its way into my most-played albums of the year, as well. Polyvinyl Records threw in a free copy of "Icons, Abstract Thee" with my Wampire stuff, too, as well as a "False Priest" poster. These guys know how to keep someone throwing money at them.

AfroLH said:
It's really really meh. The singles are good, but other than that, it's really boring and samey. And I mean, that's what they were going for (trying to emulate disco and basically make a parody-like thing on disco) but it's still pretty boring.

Oh, Dang. Yeah Get Lucky was a tune and half but I can only really listen to 1 banger on an album, not 11 of them in a row, it'd feel like a radio playlist.

Can't wait for the summer 2013 releases, 2013 has been too slow for music so far, although Charli XCX's new album was good (BNM on pitchfork so you know it's good)

Kickback said:
AfroLH said:

Oh, Dang. Yeah Get Lucky was a tune and half but I can only really listen to 1 banger on an album, not 11 of them in a row, it'd feel like a radio playlist.

I wish it was 11 bangers. It's more like 1 banger and 10 half-baked songs.

Besides Get Lucky obviously, Doin' It Right, Giorgio by Moroder, Touch, Motherboard, and a few others were good. Overall it's a good album, but not super amazing. I won't be too hard on them because Daft Punk had a lot to live up to, and I did like it.

I've been really into Memphis-style Hip Hop recently. It's really dark and gritty and I just love it.

Back