The thread of music, be it modded, retro, or normal.

samjc3 said:
deserada said:
I very much enjoy everything on your list that I know, and thus have added those things in that list that I do not know to my 'to acquire' list. Thank you.
My pleasure.

I'll look over your older mentions again, as I too noticed we generally have similar taste. At some point I'll write you again and just dump recs on you, hopefully in an exchange of sorts.

0jzVm85.jpg

My Top 50 of all time.

>implying my taste isn't god-tier

Thought I'd follow up with some links to references from my last post.

Unfortunately http://maltinerecords.cs8.biz/ is down at the moment, but check back sometime this week and browse their releases. They are my personal favorite netlabel, and release everything entirely free.

Another great netlabel is Bunkai-kei, and their collective magnum opus (as of this moment) is easily the Out of Dots Compilation. Give it a listen, for free.

If you browse their releases, keep an eye out for Go-qualia and Nyolfen. A lot of high-profile electronic glitch artists from Japan release on BKK, and they have new content every two months or so.

I brought WGWGSA as an honourable mention last post, but neglected to link to his album. Pick a song at random and hear it through. Think Amnesiac vs. The Fragile vs. Post. It's a little like that.

I also updated my top 25, it was a few months stale:
rev1_zps864b631a.png

Swapped ×××× the ripper for Re:Raise, Overspecialized for Jaku - DJ Krush, and Shiro no Kisetsu for Swoon - Prefab Sprout.

Links from the top 25, which you likely haven't heard before:

Not going to bother with a topsters chart; most (~75%) of my albums aren't in the database.

AfroLH said:
*snip*

My Top 50 of all time.

>implying my taste isn't god-tier
I see you recognize that F# A# ∞ is better than Lift Your Skinny Fists. My Jolly African American.

ITT: We pretend to out-hipster each other.

My Fedora helped me transcend my own need for actual instrumental music, and I have reached a level of euphoria that allows me to out-hipster even the worst of the hipsters.

I don't actually listen to this flax.

Why must the new Andrew Jackson Jihad album be so overwhelmingly mediocre? ;_;

2014 Mid-Year Hip-Hop Album Picks

f0868732e8.jpg

Basically, TDE is going to be winning 2014, especially if we get both Kendrick's next album and Black Hippy's first group album this year.

Back