The thread of music, be it modded, retro, or normal.

Kickback said:
E-40 bodied Sean on his own track...

Definitely. Kinda feel bad for Big Sean when he puts out decent lyrics on a song only to get beaten on his own song right after. First it happened with Kendrick on Control, and now this. Although, he did do the same thing to Drake on All Me.

Pretty good track. It's got an interesting vibe to the instrumental.

In other news, Run the Jewels 2 drop October 27th and I'm hyped as *Can'tSayThisOnTV*. Danny Brown's got a single of Smokin & Drinkin dropping on October 14. Going to be a good month for hip-hop on vinyl.

I saw King Crimson the other day. Was pretty ballin' except for the pretentious anti-camera policy and PSA.

Early drop. Aww yiss.

Edit: I need to do some pruning from my music library it seems.

I'm digging it, it's not as good as the original RTJ, but still pretty Dang good. Definitely one of the better albums of the year.

Zero said:
I'm digging it, it's not as good as the original RTJ, but still pretty Dang good. Definitely one of the better albums of the year.
"You all can run backwards through a field of dicks" is just too good of a line.

My top five of last year, in no particular order. Obviously these didn't all come out in 2014.

Deadmau5 - "While(1<2)"
Coldplay - "Parachutes"
Wampire - "Bazaar"
Holy Ghost! - "Dynamics"
Nine Inch Nails - "Year Zero"

Honorable mention goes to Van Morrison's "Astral Weeks."

Biggest letdown of the year: Weezer's new album. So much hype, so little difference from their other stuff. Good album all the same, just not "OMFG RETURN TO BLUE ALBUM GREATNESS" that the hype promised.

My top 5 albums for 2014.

Charli XCX - Sucker
Charli XCX - Sucker
Charli XCX - Sucker
Charli XCX - Sucker
Charli XCX - Sucker

Can't remember anything else, sorry :')

Twilight Wolf said:
Biggest letdown of the year: Weezer's new album. So much hype, so little difference from their other stuff. Good album all the same, just not "OMFG RETURN TO BLUE ALBUM GREATNESS" that the hype promised.

They haven't made an album that's "Blue Album Great" since Pinkerton, lol.

New Death Grips is good.

7Nckojp.jpg

I've given Pom Pom by Ariel Pink a few listens recently, and I'm really digging it. Check it out if you haven't already.

Back