The DolphinBoy 2.0!

Fluxedo

The buyer of the Dolphin boy wanted some bigger batteries and some shorter joysticks, so itll require a re-casing. My next personal portable will be on hold until Mega releases the GC video so this is what I'll be finishing until then.

75lGPrgl.png

Progress coming soon! I'll be using 6 3400mah 18650s if anyone is interested.

rTOqRDYl.png

this is the 2D designs of the front (so far). The back is a ton easier though thankfully and I'm almost done with the back!

LoQ8fIyl.png

I still need to finalize the locations of certain ports (charge, player 1 and 2 etc.) but I hope to print soon.

Does anyone have a 3DS shell laying around they could measure the hole size for the slider for? I'm using original rubber pieces from the 3DS on this one and I wanted to make the hole the same size as the 3DS so the slider will move smoothly but not be too free. Thanks!

Fluxedo said:
Does anyone have a 3DS shell laying around they could measure the hole size for the slider for? I'm using original rubber pieces from the 3DS on this one and I wanted to make the hole the same size as the 3DS so the slider will move smoothly but not be too free. Thanks!

I'll measure my (taken apart) 3ds tomorrow

Thanks so much! I've got a feeling it should be ~11mm from looking at the size of the slider cap and the range of the slider but let me know what you get!

UPDATE: case nears completion... wondering how many print attempts this will take lol

still needs: power switch slot, P1 controller switch slot, Screen on/off switch, slots for the SD cards and a speaker grill.
FMcN3yul.png

did you ever get that measurement dark_samus?

Fluxedo said:
UPDATE: case nears completion... wondering how many print attempts this will take lol

still needs: power switch slot, P1 controller switch slot, Screen on/off switch, slots for the SD cards and a speaker grill.
FMcN3yul.png

did you ever get that measurement dark_samus?

Looking nice, and sorry got held up messing around, I'm trying to track down what those pesky controller transistors actually are and where we can get replacements, I'll try to remember tomorrow.

Anyways the design is looking nice, good luck

Nice design!
I had the chance to measure the diameter of the hole of the slider in a circle pad pro (which uses the same slider as the 3DS) and it is 11 mm :)

HKYjzvt.png

odWPJyx.png

zmZoTTy.png

I finished the 3D model.
1st pic is the halves inside and out
2nd pic is the covers for the nuts (I'll explain more on that once it's printed
3rd pic is all the main "parts" (5 total) together in one piece so you can see the full thing

Looking really nice, however I'm not sure on the blue piece in the second pic, where is it supposed to go?

EDIT: nvm I think I see where it should go haha

Printing started today... First print of the back half didn't come out optimally so I'm going reprint tomorrow. Hopefully I can get the whole thing printed tomorrow.

Back