The afternoon projects thread

:neutral2: Anybody know a good way to diffuse LEDs evenly? I now have about eight inside this gamegear lightbox reflector, and I still have terrible lighting. :cry:

No they came out with a gameboy color(or pocket idk) with a backlight. It only was released in Japan because the advance was out on the market a week later.

gameboylightbox.jpg

@Basement_modder-It was fail. Battery life was 1.5 hours, and with the LED mod, you can get about 8 hours, I only get 5 though, because I used so many LEDs.

qerkdtx said:
No they came out with a gameboy color(or pocket idk) with a backlight. It only was released in Japan because the advance was out on the market a week later.

gameboylightbox.jpg

no, you are wrong. It was a backlit GBP, and was released right before the game boy color.

Basement_Modder said:
Wait- if the GG had a backlight, how come it took Nintendo 5 generations to implement one?
the gamegear had terrible battery life and required 6 AA batteries, I believe.

The white LED wasn't even out until 1995, and the power consumption was much greater than for today's LEDs.

grossaffe said:
Basement_Modder said:
Wait- if the GG had a backlight, how come it took Nintendo 5 generations to implement one?
the gamegear had terrible battery life and required 6 AA batteries, I believe.

The white LED wasn't even out until 1995, and the power consumption was much greater than for today's LEDs.

I see, said the blind man.

The gamegear ate batteries like mofo, has an extremely thick screen, and eats 6 whole AA batteries in a time before practical rechargeable.

Also, the GB Light pulls about 10 hours with the backlight on. ;) It had an ugly bulge out the back because it uses AA instead of AAA, and the backlight was much dimmer than any kind of LED or modern EL backlight, but it still lasted 10 hours. Beats any modern handhelds. ;)

PalmerTech said:
The gamegear ate batteries like mofo, has an extremely thick screen, and eats 6 whole AA batteries in a time before practical rechargeable.

Also, the GB Light pulls about 10 hours with the backlight on. ;) It had an ugly bulge out the back because it uses AA instead of AAA, and the backlight was much dimmer than any kind of LED or modern EL backlight, but it still lasted 10 hours. Beats any modern handhelds. ;)

Amen!

Ok, so I spent all day on the forums instead of doing something useful, but I got motivated tonight! Started working on this seriously at about 5, and finished at 12:45. I give you, a frontlight CGB!

drueselectronicpictures.jpg

Once again, same old, looks better in person, blah blah blah. Obvious LED leakage is Obvious. Of course, I was hoping this would get me one of those newfangled titles, but it's not really anything new or special.

Youtube video, starring a very, very tired me. I mumbled out a few words at the end :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnFvn__Rjrg

And, jlee, wonder how you knew that *wink*

Back