The afternoon projects thread

bacteria said:
What's that SS, :surprised: lots of adolescent spots, or chickenpox?? Different to your other pics! :neutral:
Yeah, happens to me too, I just take my pics when they go away :lol: And, pics of the portable working, please :razz:

yesterday afternoon (its morning here on the island) I made a spud cannon (combustion). tried a bbq igniter and a disposable camera flash for source of ignition and the bloody thing wont go bang. pics coming tomorrow... well later today....

blaze3927 said:
yesterday afternoon (its morning here on the island) I made a spud cannon (combustion). tried a bbq igniter and a disposable camera flash for source of ignition and the bloody thing wont go bang. pics coming tomorrow... well later today....
PalmerTech told me that you need a driver circuit for those photo-capacitors, otherwise they won't perform to their intended job.

bacteria said:
What's that SS, :surprised: lots of adolescent spots, or chickenpox?? Different to your other pics! :neutral:
Ever hear of acne before? Lots of teenagers get it, and it's not very nice to pick at the insecurities of people. :/

wow societies are different, no one gives a crap about acne over here, except girls and the occasional "feminist"

:ashamed:

It's not something I' hated for or anything, it's just painful at times, and sometimes takes down my super high self-confidence.

If someone is going on about it, and insulting me, usually I beat the ever living flax out of them, and then no one talks about it anymore. They don't mess with me if I show them who's boss.

Sure, I get in trouble, but it's not bad when you had something to fight for.

SS

bacteria said:
Um, I thought I was being amusing, obviously wasn't taken as such. Sorry, nothing was meant by it. :ashamed: I forget sometimes teenagers are about 2 generations ahead of me! Sorry. :whoops:

Hey, I still get some acne sometimes, even at my age, especially on the top half of my head. You are supposed to grow out of it, obviously not always the case though as I still get some.

Thing is, no-one has to post a pic of themselves if they are sensitive about it or what's on the pic - if sensitive to such a pic, why publish it to the world to see it and comment, and not keep it private?? :neutral:

Cuz the comic wuz awesome! :awesome:

I dislike backseat modding (unless it's in my car), but can we stay on topic? I mean, read the first post :lol:

eurddrue said:
I dislike backseat modding (unless it's in my car), but can we stay on topic? I mean, read the first post :lol:

You don't think I know what the first post says?
I WROTE THE FIRST POST! :lol2:
[/insane]

But, yeah, lets do that.

This one isn't worth pictures, but I've been cleaning and fixing up an old laptop (Averatec 3200 series). Its fan was noisy as Heck, so I voided the laptop's warranty and cleaned it out. While I was at it, I cleared out TONS of dust from the radiator, which was blocking air from the fan from getting to it. It runs a bit more smoothly now, and I've cleared up the HD by uninstalling unnecessary programs and startup nonsense that I don't need.

The case itself has been given a serious scrub-down, too. Got every trace of grime off the thing, and I took off the annoying stickers that companies seem to love tossing on. Oh, and I sanded down the protective plate for the RAM. The paint came off (with a Heck of a struggle) and revealed the aluminum or whatever metal it is. Sanding scratched the metal quite a bit, but I like the effect. I may wind up sanding the rest of the laptop's metal parts for the same effect.

Assuming I even get to keep this thing, I plan on looking into upgrading the RAM. I heard someone's managed to install a 1GB stick into this brand/model. Oh, and I may be skinning this thing. Not sure what its theme will be, or whether or not I'll spraypaint its case. All I know is that the dull grey look needs to go. :/

I made a banner! It has a twin that has yet to be made. 9'x2.5', traditional Japanese banner.

5460_101884791710_519386710_2572291_1366420_n.jpg

Looks good. I'd suggest carp-shaped streamers as your next Japanese-related craft project. Usually I frown upon the "LOL LOOK AT IT, IT'S JAPANESE ^_______________^" attitude, but this is slightly different from that.

I hope.

bacteria said:
Yup, woke up, couldn't sleep. Thought I would go back to bed, but wife is up now as I got up, so staying up now for the day! *yawn*
and the time for you is...?

Got Puppy Linux booting properly on the laptop, so now I've got an OS for the thing that doesn't take an hour to boot. >_>

Also, I finally got my gamebit in the mail today. Cracked open my N64s and switched around their cases. Now I have two half-black, half-purple N64s. I like the one with the purple top and black buttons myself.

I'll probably be using one of them for a portable eventually, so I may wind up selling one of the cases. Not sure which, though.

Oh, and for some reason I feel like stroking my ego: My PC is a HP Pavilion M8400F (AMD Phenom Quad Core 9500 Processor, 3 GB RAM, 720 GB Hard Drive, DVD Drive, Vista Premium) with an added NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT video card instead of the crappy 8500 that comes with the computer.

Back