super mario's first ps2 portable

Super mario

After viewing some of the ps2 portables I've decided to give it a try here are some pics

Ps2 79001 with modbo 4.0 installed
5" reverse lcd
16gb usb thumb drive
8mb memory card with fmcb
Black & decker drill set box
Iluv audio amp

imagejpg1.jpg

imagejpg2.jpg

imagejpg3.jpg

image.jpg1.jpg

image.jpg2.jpg

image.jpg3.jpg

image.jpg4.jpg

image.jpg7.jpg

looks like you're well on your way!! a few things though, where did you get a tape of modbo chips? have you thought about using an HDMI screen (no signal noise, clearer picture, and progressive scan)? and what you have there looks like a 79001 PS2, but I could be wrong. also your screen looks like is 16:9, which will work (I think there's a handful of games with widescreen), but the PS2 natively outputs at 4::3:, as do most of its games, that's why the picture is distorted in those in game photos

Lightning said:
looks like you're well on your way!! a few things though, where did you get a tape of modbo chips? have you thought about using an HDMI screen (no signal noise, clearer picture, and progressive scan)? and what you have there looks like a 79001 PS2, but I could be wrong. also your screen looks like is 16:9, which will work (I think there's a handful of games with widescreen), but the PS2 natively outputs at 4::3:, as do most of its games, that's why the picture is distorted in those in game photos

Yea I've been working on it for months when I have time I still have modbo left over pm me if you need one for the lcd I decided on this one because it was cheaper and I really don't mind about the quality and it is a 79001 I edit it

okay, just my 2 cents, and as to those Modbo chips, if they're v1.93 then I may just take you up on that :)

so can I take it then that you're actually using the disc drive in your portable?

Lightning said:
okay, just my 2 cents, and as to those Modbo chips, if they're v1.93 then I may just take you up on that :)

so can I take it then that you're actually using the disc drive in your portable?

They are 1.99 I think and I installed the modchip just to install fmcb I'm not using the disc drive

UPDATE 3/5/15 I had made the shoulder button holes big for regular ps2 shoulder buttons but then decided to go with tact buttons so I added bondo not the best work but looks alright

image.jpg1_1.jpg

image.jpg5_1.jpg

image.jpg4_1.jpg

image.jpg2_1.jpg

image.jpg3_1.jpg

Super mario said:
I installed the modchip just to install fmcb I'm not using the disc drive

I respect that :D

I myself prefer the disc drive, but why don't you use a Raspberry Pi as well? that way you'll have the option of SMB loading, which is much faster than USB

loving that PS2P you cut out of the back btw!! how long did that take?

Raspberry Pi is a class of low power mini computers that are about the size of a credit card, but the part you can exploit is the Ethernet port it has, you can run a program on it that will send the game ISO to the PS2 through OpenPS2Loader

Lightning said:
Raspberry Pi is a class of low power mini computers that are about the size of a credit card, but the part you can exploit is the Ethernet port it has, you can run a program on it that will send the game ISO to the PS2 through OpenPS2Loader
sounds interesting but i want to keep it simple

that's looking great!!! I've never seen a Modbo install done quite like that before, but if I'm not mistaken, you used controller wire didn't you??

and alas, I must make a suggestion again lol

since you aren't using the disc drive try this: it will close the disc drive and save you a floppy wire to deal with, plus I recently discovered that the 3.3v pad you're currently using is hooked up to the main system bus, so it shouldn't be used that way

_20150306_125813_zpsiifhxvfl.png

true it looks slightly different on your board, but the traces are the same underneath

Lightning said:
that's looking great!!! I've never seen a Modbo install done quite like that before, but if I'm not mistaken, you used controller wire didn't you??

and alas, I must make a suggestion again lol

since you aren't using the disc drive try this: it will close the disc drive and save you a floppy wire to deal with, plus I recently discovered that the 3.3v pad you're currently using is hooked up to the main system bus, so it shouldn't be used that way

_20150306_125813_zpsiifhxvfl.png

true it looks slightly different on your board, but the traces are the same underneath
thanks and the wire is 30 awg kynar wire and I might try it later on tonight

question I soldered my lcd to the motherboard and I power my ps2 but I can't power it off ?

30 AWG Kynar FTW!!!!

as to your question; I'm not sure that I understand what you're asking.

are you asking how to power off the PS2 while keeping the screen on?
or
are you asking how to power off the screen?

and BTW (as I'm interpreting your pictures) if you're using the 30 awg kynar to power the screen, you should switch to something heavier. that red and black wire you use for the modchip would do very well

also I'm wondering why you have your reset switch hooked up to the 3.5v pin of the memory card port, its supposed to go to ground

Lightning said:
30 AWG Kynar FTW!!!!

as to your question; I'm not sure that I understand what you're asking.

are you asking how to power off the PS2 while keeping the screen on?
or
are you asking how to power off the screen?

and BTW (as I'm interpreting your pictures) if you're using the 30 awg kynar to power the screen, you should switch to something heavier. that red and black wire you use for the modchip would do very well

also I'm wondering why you have your reset switch hooked up to the 3.5v pin of the memory card port, its supposed to go to ground
How to power both off same time I connected the lcd to the av port on ps2 and wire from the power port to lcd 12v point I can power them both with the ps2 power adapter but can't power them off ?

And for the wire I will change it later

well going from the way you have it set up, your options are rather limited, the only way to power them off is to pull the plug. it is for this reason that we generally prefer to remove the power port and relocate it so that we can put in a master power switch

Back