super mario's first ps2 portable

Lightning said:
well going from the way you have it set up, your options are rather limited, the only way to power them off is to pull the plug. it is for this reason that we generally prefer to remove the power port and relocate it so that we can put in a master power switch
And how would I set it up with the master switch ? Do you have diagram thanks a lot

YO

basic%20diagram_zpsspgjbwfj.png

Super mario said:
so the switch goes to negative and the reset point on motherboard I didn't think it would work like that
just saw that i do have the wiring for switch wrong thanks for pointing that out

Super mario said:
Since I already glued the motherboard in place I might just leave it like that ill just remove power cable to turn off console

well.... there is one way you could do it, but its slightly unorthodox:

start by removing the big white fuse on the bottom of the board, try to keep it intact, as you can still use it if you still want it's protection.

if you keep it the fuse, solder one end of it to one of the two pads it was originally attached to, and solder a wire to the other end, if you don't keep it, just solder a wire to each of the two pads that the fuse was attached to and put a switch between them

if you don't get what I mean I'll make a mock up and photograph it

Lightning said:
Super mario said:
Since I already glued the motherboard in place I might just leave it like that ill just remove power cable to turn off console

well.... there is one way you could do it, but its slightly unorthodox:

start by removing the big white fuse on the bottom of the board, try to keep it intact, as you can still use it if you still want it's protection.

if you keep it the fuse, solder one end of it to one of the two pads it was originally attached to, and solder a wire to the other end, if you don't keep it, just solder a wire to each of the two pads that the fuse was attached to and put a switch between them

if you don't get what I mean I'll make a mock up and photograph it
i get it ill just keep it how it is ill upload more pics of progress tomorrow

UPDATE 3/7/15 I soldered the control to test the buttons but some don't respond right maybe because I didn't cut the traces on the control pcb ? Or maybe because my control is broken where the analog is

image.jpg1_2.jpg

image.jpg3_2.jpg

image.jpg2_2.jpg

image.jpg4_2.jpg

image.jpg5_2.jpg

Lightning said:
this thing is looking better and better all the time, how much more do you have to do on it?
Buy new control then solder it
Glue and solder analogs
Solder audio amp and speakers
Then solder all other buttons not much left I'm going to try and finish before the month is over

Question how much do you think it would be worth ?

Question am I able to use a wireless control so I won't have a lot of wire everywhere ?

Jeez so the finish is actually in sight for you isn't it!! that's gotta be exciting

you must have some pretty decent soldering skills if you can install a chip in a 79001, how long have you been practicing?

Lightning said:
Jeez so the finish is actually in sight for you isn't it!! that's gotta be exciting

you must have some pretty decent soldering skills if you can install a chip in a 79001, how long have you been practicing?
Yes it is very close I'm very excited about finishing since it's my first portable I think the next one will be much easier and I'm going to add batteries.

I started soldering on psp's adding LEDs like 6 years ago burned my first soldering iron lol and this is my 5th modchip install all went well luckily

Lightning said:
with soldering skills like that, you're wasted as a truck driver, and I mean that in the best possible way
So I'm good at soldering lol

How much do you think my ps2 is worth ?

UPDATE 3/9/15 soldered audio amp need help Does anyone have the iluv diagram It's not working correctly can't power it from tact button unless I touch the 2 points with some tweezers I hear the sound but not loud can't higher or lower volume I soldered it to a 3.5 v point on the second player control pins anybody know a good 5v point and 3v on motherboard

image.jpg1_3.jpg

image.jpg2_3.jpg

image.jpg3_3.jpg

image.jpg4_3.jpg

image.jpg5_3.jpg

UPDATE 3/10/15 fixed audio amp loose wire and I soldered the original fan. I found a 5v point next to the av out points my the audio amp.

image.jpg3_4.jpg

image.jpg1_4.jpg

image.jpg2_4.jpg

I love the use of the original heatsink!!! how are you planning to secure it? (this is something I still can't figure out)

Back