SS's flamethrower shenanigans!

Well, I sort of want something for show, but I am all up for building a weapon now.

See, you get a taste of the flames...and....you...just....want.....MOOOOOOORE.

I have been looking into liquid fuels and I have a pump and a plastic tank, I need to get a metal one though because I know how gas eats through junk, and actually, I'm not sure if the pump is good enough.

http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductGu ... =1498.2466

Mine was given to me "broken." The battery's toast, but I tested and everything else worked fine.

My current objective is to get a larger spray than I have now, and still have it wrist mounted in some fashion. I don't know how safe 30ft of flames is wrist mounted. XD I could probably do that with palmer's idea, and bursts are cool and all, but a constant stream is better fo sho. Gonna have to figure that out.

SS

IMG_3768.jpg

IMG_3769.jpg

I'm about to go cut the 4 pieces on the right, those are the upper arm/bicep pieces. They require additional plastic though, as they do not wrap around my arm all the way, the pipe was only so big. It's not bad, but the extra plastic makes things easier to work with later.
IMG_3757.jpg

IMG_3759.jpg

Rubber bands just to keep everything on. The forearm pieces will fit together and stay on without the rubber bands, but the bottom pieces comes off if I flex too much. I'm kind liking the whole "armor" effect it gives, although it's not very practical. Might make a large back piece and chest piece, because it would be fun, and I might could use the back piece for mounting the fuel tanks.

I'm turning this into my physics project, I think. Means I'm going to focus more on using the mini propane FIRST, and then moving to gasoline later.

I've come up with a few ideas here in the last few days, one of them being using butane to propel the propane. I'm also probably going to use jet torch lighters for ignition, as well as the grill ignition. As far as using gasoline? Yeah, I'm up for it, but it is pretty volatile, so finding the right pump and pieces to assemble it safely is going to be a challenge.

SS

Yo SS, since I dislike the direction you are going with your fuel tank, Ima let you in on a secret. ;)

PM'd.

Was at walmart today, spotted a pretty little thing, across the isle there.

Took her home, and I'm playing with her right now.
0903101522-00.jpg

0903101522-01.jpg

SS

Workin' on the ignition. Found a right combination of pins that caused the transformer to start to squeal, which is what it needed to be doing, but was unable to get an arch. Basically right now the circuit's set up and I have 4 test leads from wires going to different pins to find the right combination. Once I get the correct combination of pins I have to then find the pin that will complete the arch. I like how the information from the PCB of the old TV told me NOTHING I needed to know regarding the location of the coils. Oh well, I've done some research and a lot of testing. Hopefully I'll be able to get this to work before long. If not, you'll need to find another source of ignition.

Oh yeah, This is the best project ever to be posted on Modretro. Sorry portables, you don't live up to this.

I'm amazed at the sort of weaponry us teens can come up with when we get bored... Ah, I miss my crossbow...

Back