SS's flamethrower shenanigans!

It's not like I didn't know, the back of the cup wasn't on fire yet, I wanted to hold it. It was burning on the inside though.

SS

"They're wrist guards from, um... they're just wrist guards."

Where are the wrist guards from? :stare:

"It's cool, it's cool,"

Definitely. Now make blue fire! :pirate:

Very Sexy. but you didnt touch off both at the same time. And I want your arc generator. the closest thing i can find to a good igniter is this. but its too big for my purposes. :gonk:

Automatic air fresheners?!

Also, I need to make one of these. Bugs keep geting in the house. I hate bugs. Newspapers are inefficient. Electrical weapons are a possibility as well.

use certain types of pepper spray, you'll get more range and more importantly... MORE FIRE :awesome: must be right out of the can i think.

I remember trying to build a crappy flamethrower. I'd disassembled some barbecue lighters for the ignitors (I think I was building a film can cannon or a classroom nemesis micro spud gun) so I had some fuel line, nozzles, and two fuel cartriges, one with a mechanism to operate the valve. So I taped it to a piece of circuit board. It didn't work though- not enough pressure. I guess the flame was too close, because the nozzle melted the plastic tube and fell off.

SS, you need an expansion chamber. Before I got into modding, I was into electrical weaponry (You may have seen my stun gloves, mini cannon, ultrasonic knife, coil gun, etc), and I actually know a good bit about flamethrowers.

An expansion chamber is a small tank that you pump your fuel into from your fuel tank. It is fitted with a much larger, fast flow valve. So if you were to use propane, for example, you would use the main propane tank, hooked up to another empty tank, and that tank hooked up to a, say, half inch valve. You only get a few seconds of blast before it runs out and you need to recharge for a few seconds (Or you can keep firing on just the gas coming from the restricted valve on the fuel tank), but it can be a lot more hella impressive, and you can shoot pretty sizable plumes of fire. For even more badassery, you could use a two chambered variable compression tank, so you could double or triple the pressure of the gas in the expansion chamber. Makes the flame go farther.

If you need a diagram or something, let me know.

Here's the best advice I can give about flamethrowers:

Have you ever seen a Propane-powered Flamethrower?
As in, a real Flamethrower, as in, guy running around the hills of the Japanese islands burning Nazis to death with it?
No.
You have not.

Gas-fuels SUCK for real Flamethrowers, period.

LIQUID Fuels Kick ASS.
Gasoline, and Denatured Alcohol, these are your friends.

ACTUAL, real Flamethrowers, used in WWII, had 3 tanks, two large tanks filled with Gasoline, and a small tank pressurized with CO2.
The CO2 tank fed into either of the two larger tanks (controlled by a couple valves).
You'd open up the valve feeding into one of the tanks, and the gasoline would be pressurized.
It would be forced out the nozzle at the bottom, which led to the wand, which consisted of a pilot light and a valve.
You squeeze valve, and the pressurized gasoline is shot from the tank, through the pilot light.

I've built a PVC one, but I of course did not use Gasoline, NOT smart.
Gas will eat through plastic, don't ever forget that.
I built a big PVC Pressure Vessel, filled it about halfway with Water, and then, using a Schrader Valve on the side, pressurized it (from a plain ol' Air Compressor) to about 40 PSI.
Shot a good 30 feet from the 3/8" Nozzle.
Awesome squirt gun, right?
So, emptied it, filled it a ways with denatured alcohol, pressurized, and slapped a generic propane torch onto the end of the wand.
Light the torch, fire away, 30+ foot flames.
Yeah.

Do it all with Gas, Metal, and Fuel-lines, and you've got yourself a monster.

Obviously gas fueled flamethrowers suck (You forgot to mention that propane and butane both burn at relatively low temps), but they are good for show, in a fairly safe, compact package. I think that is he wants, not a real weapon.

Liquid butane maybe. Gigantic plume of it dispersed in air? Nah.

I would way rather be hit with a hot stream of butane gas (I have!) than a stream of flaming gasoline. :p

I tried to tell SS stuff like this weeks ago.

He told me "I'm not going to war"

From what I grasp he doesn't want a "weapon" just something that shoots fire.

Back