SS's flamethrower shenanigans!

hey SS, is that ignition diddy piezoelectric or what?

also, just to be ominous, my rendition is looking to be much sexier than yours. and it has a backflow valve. and a high pressure tip. and theres two of em. and they are tiny. of course, having an industrial parts supplier down the street helps, but still.

samjc3 said:
hey SS, is that ignition diddy piezoelectric or what?

also, just to be ominous, my rendition is looking to be much sexier than yours. and it has a backflow valve. and a high pressure tip. and theres two of em. and they are tiny. of course, having an industrial parts supplier down the street helps, but still.

HAAAAAAX

It's an automatic electric grill igniter. I doubt it's piezoelectric.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
It's an automatic electric grill igniter. I doubt it's piezoelectric.

SS
I was thinking about using the same thing, except the only ones at my local stores are piezo, and only spark when you initially pull the trigger. :gonk:

It'll be a grill replacement part.

So today, I played with the mini propane tanks more. Cept, it was strapped to a modified elbow pad slightly above the elbow, and the fuel line was run up to a nozzle mounted spare PVC arm gauntlet I had. Even at full blast(and it's probably the fuel limiting nozzle) the flames are not that impressive, at least, not as impressive as the butane cans.

I need to find a way to propel the fuel a bit more, probably a small fan or something.

SS

A fan wont work. it would only limit the flow even more, unless you had an absolutely perfect fluid turbine set up. which, frankly, you cant do. probably, the best way to increase your flames would be to find a nozzle that doesnt aerate the stream as much, thus letting it burn slower.

Also, I finally found those ingnitors. at wal-mart. and I am dissapoint. They dont have any slimline ones, only big monsters. but, they can be hacked pretty easily, so whatever. but it will add to the size of my rig, which is a shame, considering all my components are precision cut to be as small as possible.

As cool as it would be to build a flamethrower, I'm too much of a wuss to do it. I do have a rocket launcher planned, though. I have some ABS pipe and a hobby of model rocketry. Do the math. At one point I was going to build my own water gun, but I'm too cheap and lazy. It could have made a cool flamethrower, though.

I'm not sure if I want to try to put fins on the rocket since the tube is so small. I'll probably just use a stick, skyrocket style. The original plan was to have an outer ring, then fins, then the inner tube, but I know that isn't going to work. Maybe have a full diameter forward section and a smaller diameter tube with the engines and fins attached behind it?

I like it. Mad props to you for doing it with readily available parts. (mine has all sorts of custom stuff. its also way more expensive. but much smaller too.)

If I remember right, he said in the chat that he doesn't play TF2, but used to play TFC all the time.

Back