SS and ßeta get it done

Next time we do it we can use air pressure to keep bubbles from forming. We can use some of that cheap gas from Home Depot we saw on Friday.

Some of you are being silly. This looks amazing, good job Betaslayer.

SS is going home in a few hours. Bibin figured out how to omit the U8 without any other work, and it's so dead-simple I can't believe no one else has figured out yet.

nou8.jpg

All this u8 thing is making me wonder if you actually removed the caps and resistors on the controller ports and still jave the controllers working. On PAL boards if you remove those parts no matter if you wire directly to the u8 chip the n64 willnot show video.

I haven't actually seen someone with the controller side cut up beyond the u8. Show it to me!! :twisted:

Also rewiring the jumper pack directly without the connector port seems to give allot of problems. When I did it it worked 2 out of 10 times. Far to unreliable. I think daftmike was the only one who did it but never got to see it working so no idea if it really worked.

You using 1x 4mb ram chip? Or 1x 8mb?? If 8mb where did you get it?

LOCtronics said:
All this u8 thing is making me wonder if you actually removed the caps and resistors on the controller ports and still jave the controllers working. On PAL boards if you remove those parts no matter if you wire directly to the u8 chip the n64 willnot show video.

I haven't actually seen someone with the controller side cut up beyond the u8. Show it to me!! :twisted:

Also rewiring the jumper pack directly without the connector port seems to give allot of problems. When I did it it worked 2 out of 10 times. Far to unreliable. I think daftmike was the only one who did it but never got to see it working so no idea if it really worked.

You using 1x 4mb ram chip? Or 1x 8mb?? If 8mb where did you get it?

All the crap underneath the controller ports has been removed. The controller data line is going directly to the PIF chip.

Could you make a video showing that the components have been removed and that it's fully working. Nobody as of yet has ever done that. I still think it's strange that when I remove the u8 chip and wire a controller it doesn't even turn on. Is it supposed to work with every revision?

LOCtronics said:
Could you make a video showing that the components have been removed and that it's fully working. Nobody as of yet has ever done that. I still think it's strange that when I remove the u8 chip and wire a controller it doesn't even turn on. Is it supposed to work with every revision?

That is strange... in that situation it ought only to just not register any controllers as connected.

I'll make a video if I haven't already broken the N64.

See those two pins tied together with the wire coming off?

Just put P1 controller data there after removing U8.

LdVTu.jpg

Back