SS and ßeta get it done

βeta

ModRetro Legend
K94xZl.jpg

RAM swap, U8 relocation (More on that later probably), RAM power regulator replaced with a TI reg. We will be hard-wiring the jumper pak to the contacts the second RAM chip is usually wired to. Once all this is done, we will be able to cut the board all the way up to the PIF, allowing the board to fit into an SL-68p without RCP wiring.

All of that is sooooooo unnecessary. There's an easier way to get it in without RCP.

Why on Earth would you go to all that trouble and then not RCP it? Might as well go as small as you possibly can.

Case vac-formed out of Lexan. my new former works great.

3ibqFl.jpg

Our case fits comfortably inside of an SL-68. Take THAT, "world's smallest" seekers.

Uglt8l.jpg

bud said:
Eh, I've found a smaller case. Enjoy it while it lasts

You know what's great? Not doing RCP relocations!

They haven't even begun cutting the board down.

I think you're underestimating the capability of the project here.

Case making tips:

Tack in the screen bezel with some hot glue, then you can file the plastic away to get a perfectly sized screen hole.

D8MJrl.jpg

They sell lexan at Home Depot. It's clear, so I can paint the inside with one coat, and it will never scratch off.

Screen hole is filed. Here is the case compared in size to a PSVita.

Vjqzfl.jpg

NoJ50l.jpg

I tried vac forming lexan before and it was a terrible bubbly messy fail. What thickness sheet did you use?

Everything but L and the speaker holes is cut for the front of the case. Things like holes for headphones and power and switches and stuff will likely be added as we flesh out the interior of the case, but this is the major stuff.

Back